Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:25 PM   #1

Hello fellow members;

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I want to say that I have a friend that purchased a Casio Z750 and it was defective. He returned to the store and the second one was defective also! He kept getting the dreaded "Lens Error" message and the camera refused to work.

He finally decided to get his money back and buy a different camera. After doing research he told me of a camera called Pentax Optio S6 that will be out soon (if not out already) the MRSP is $349..not bad.

It has the great Pentax lens quality plus my friend and I arelooking for--MPEG 4 movie recording @ 30 fps with motion stabilization and focus assist lamp. Great!

Yeah, I know the Casio Z750 has 7.2 MB compared with the Optio S6 6 MP but so what. I really don't need 7.2 MB anyway.

For your information, there are still no reviews anywhere that I know of--just news postings.

Just like my friend I thought of the Casio Z750 but forget! The quality control problems and defects are not worth the hassle!

Pentax has always made great digital cameras with great lenses that produce very sharp pictures. In fact, Pentax lenses are so good Casio even uses them in some of their digital cameras.

What do you think? Goodbye everyone and have a great, happy, healthy, and fun week.

Your friend,

Sam:bye:
sammynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:56 PM   #2
Super Moderator

i am glad you are happy with your optio.. but i have known several others that are more than happy with their casio z750s.. next time, a thread touting the strengths of your camera is fine.. but bashing other camera's based on limited experience is not in good tact..quality control is a problem for all manufacturer's i am sorry for your friend's bad luck..

regards,
dustin
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:56 PM   #3
Super Moderator

*double post
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 3:32 AM   #4

sammynyc wrote:
Quote:
...there are still no reviews anywhere that I know of...
See http://www.wrexcam.com/recomend-5.htm

This is the website of myfriendly local camera shop. I know & trust the author and his colleagues, and I bought one on the strength of their recommendation. (I did the same for my first two digicams)

Like 'slipe' who posted in your other nearly identical thread, I am delighted with it: It's the camera of my dreams, so far. It provides very high quality in a tiny size with a big & legible monitor, at a very low price. I've had no trouble in 355 shots. Camera technology has finally got near to where I want it after 45 years of my experience. Several of the staff at Wrexham camera own 750s, and others are on the waiting list for the next delivery.

I feel you are being somewhat unfair as you're talking about "a friend's" experience and not your own.

Alan T

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:27 AM   #5

I bought my Z750 based on this review:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/casio/exz750.htm

and here are some examples from the camera:

http://www.pbase.com/artshot/z750

I highly recommend it!

Sue
artshot is offline   Reply With Quote