Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 16, 2005, 10:59 PM   #11

I strongly support Terry's recommendation of the Pentax 1stDS single lens digital camera. It is a great piece of photographic equipment.

Ultra
ultrazoom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 1:55 PM   #12

Check this thread

S9000 vs Competition
gaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 2:19 PM   #13

Well, I took the plunge this weekend. Purchased a KM A200 with a 4gb Hitachi Micro Drive, and all the other extras along with a nice case, filter, and extra batteries. Paid $500 for the whole set up. The camera had less than 50 pics put through it (they guy bought it for his dad and he didn't use it). Absolutely wanted minimum of 28-200 as there are a lot of group shots and panoramic pics. Wanted at least 200 on the zoom end and figure with 8 mp will be very capable of cropping to get slightly larger images with necessary resolution. Liked the fact it had great mpeg movie mode. Mostly though, I think the anti shake is what won me over. The Fuji would adjust to a higher shutter speed / iso setting to make the shot. Like the manual zoom and the manual focus and figure this cameral will do most if not all of what I need. Most of what I will be doing is 4" x 6" prints with an occasional 8" x 10" as I usually end up taking the pics on our bike runs. Was shooting film with a Canon Eos Elan IIe with a Sigma 28-200 and this lens seemed to do well for what I needed.

Thanks so much toall who posted in an effort to help me decide. Each was considered with care against my needs and all were helpful. Keep shooting.

Wes
pigasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 5:57 PM   #14

Sound buy for $500 with extra kit included...
Old Oct 17, 2005, 5:58 PM   #15

Sound buy for $500 with extra kit included...