Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 14, 2005, 5:37 AM   #1

Hi everybody. I hate being a newb and asking newb questions, but I'm glad that at least there's a forum dedicated to this.

We run a storage company and we need to photographically document the contents of the insides of individual storage units. Some are lit better than others, but the majority are basically completely unlighted. The manager doesn't want to mess with rigging lights or anything for the shoots as they are more-or-less ad-hoc.

So what I'm looking for is a camera in the 4-5MP range that handles low-light conditions very well or one with an especially good flash.

If I could get a couple of good options, that'd be great. Thanks.
dunkerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2005, 5:46 AM   #2

Sounds like you'd be ok with most cameras as long as you used a tripod. I assume the contents of the storage units aren't going to move while you photograph them, so I think you could get away with relatively long exposures as long as the camera was kept still.
pterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 5:53 AM   #3

pterrr wrote:
Quote:
Sounds like you'd be ok with most cameras as long as you used a tripod. I assume the contents of the storage units aren't going to move while you photograph them, so I think you could get away with relatively long exposures as long as the camera was kept still.
Sure, they'll be stationary. But we probably won't be as we have to get deep back into them most of the time. Think piles of boxes, old furniture, couches stood on end, stuff strown every which way, etc in a 10'x20' room. Tripods aren't an effective solution in that environment. So I really want to get a camera that handles higher ISO modes particularly well, I think.

dunkerque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 8:17 AM   #4

Fuji F10 should do the trick. Fuji seem to be the only manufacturer really pushing high ISOs in compact cameras.
pterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 8:55 AM   #5

I agree with pterr-

The Fuji F-10 would be an excellent digital camera for the task and if yo wanted more light at the very back use a bounce flash.

Ultra
ultrazoom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 5:03 PM   #6

F10.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote