Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 24, 2005, 8:31 PM   #31

swgod-

How, oh dear, do you mean toexplain that FIRST photo!? Under exposed by more than a little bit. Perhaps two stop under? That is the problem with ISO 400 on the S-2.

The S-5200 can do a lot better. Well I have already shown you.

Great second photo though!

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:06 PM   #32

I agree the image is not very good. I said the same thing when I took it (ugh). Still...let's not forget that this was not an easy shot at 1/8s.

The S5200 would definitely produce a better image, assuming the user can hold it steady at full zoom 1/8s.
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 10:58 PM   #33

swgod98 - C'mon over, buddy! It'd be a doozer of a trip, but worth it - I live in one of the most beautifulplaces in the world. ( Pic follows)

Just to show you I'm not a total Fuji fanatic, that macro you shot with your S2 is gorgeous. My previous digicam was a Canon A75 and it was an excellent camera. The S2 might have been my choice as well, but the S5200 was far more affordable, and so far it's given me outstanding results.

If the following pic seems a bit fuzzy, it's because I had to seriously compress it to stay within the posting limits. I know it would take a lot more bandwidth, but it's a shame we can't post uncompressed pics here.
Attached Images

toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:28 PM   #34

toshi43 wrote:
Quote:
swgod98 - C'mon over, buddy!
You know the saying...? Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it! :lol:

btw, very nice picture!
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 12:08 AM   #35

swgod98 - No way - I never get what I ask for, but according to my wife, I always get what's coming to me!

Thanks for the friendly comment on my pic. here's another I took today.
Attached Images

toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 11:35 AM   #36

Hi there,

Sorry to join the thread a bit late, but ive only just seen your original post.

Ihad a similar dilema recently, althoughI had already ruled out the Canon as I'd owned 3 previously (Powershot A85, G5 and G6), no0ne of which I was particularly happy with.

Inthe endI couldnt decide, so I bought botha H1 and a Pana FZ5 to see which was best..

Ive had them both for a month or so now and have carried out numerous side by side tests in everyday 'average photographer' siuations, and I can say that in 9 cases out of every 10 the H1 gives better results straight out of the camera.

I will probably hang onto the FZ5 simply because its quite a bit lighter and (a touch) faster in operation than the H1, but if still picture quality is important to you (as opposed to movie mode etc) then I dont think you will be dissapointed with the H1.

Hope that helps, but if you have any questions - please feel free to ask!

Thanks,

ian grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:52 PM   #37

Hi Guys,

Firstly, thanks all of you for your valuable advices.Last week I finally purchased the Sony Cybershot DSC H1 with 1GB memory stick.Its very much user friendly (at least to me) and till now I just gone through the manual once and I think I will not require in the future.The best of this camera is very powerfull flash,unbeliveable AF Illuminator light,good start up time,and the most important thing in a camera the picture quality is very crisp with good colours and upto ISO 200 there is no grain.

I just love this camera,keep going Sony.....

Lastlyagain thanks,thanks and lots of thanks to you all for your cooporation.....

Regards

Sona :bye:
sudarshansen is offline   Reply With Quote