Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 27, 2005, 10:29 AM   #31

I agree, the pictures are nice. We got our camera in Tuesday, and now I am waiting for my more reasonably sized memory card so that I can actually take picutres without being tethered to my computer.

I am jealous though, living somewhere that flowers are still in bloom like that at this time of the year.

extremefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:11 PM   #32

extremefire-

Enjoy your Fuji S-5200 this weekend. I hope that you have great weather. The S-5200 is a wonderful camera. Go for it!

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 9:41 PM   #33

Very nice pics, especially the first one.
Attached Images

toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 11:23 PM   #34

Shoey- Great depth of field and color. It would be helpful if you posted the camera settings I am most interested in the ISO and whether you used processing software.

Toshi- Great pics as well. I noticed some noise in the last one and am also curious of the ISO and camera settings such as being in auto or manual.

The reason I ask this is because Im torn between the Panasonic FZ20 and the S5200, my current camera is a S3800 with ISO 100 only, that creates limitations as well as very little user control but the color and images were good. I have had good results even in sport shots.

My main concern is noise, funny as the FZ20 has noise complaints but the underlying images are sharp and the noise has been similar to other camerasin dpreview comparisons, so I have been looking for a review that goes over noise in the S5200 at settingsabove 200 ISO, my reasoning is that if the 5200 is going to push the images into a higher ISO that would cause noise anyway and the FZ20 has features Im interested in so Im at a standstill until I make more sense of images people have allready taken with the cameras.

I hope this makes sense, Im confused so I thought Id share :-)
mnosbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 3:31 PM   #35

green flower is ISO 100, red flower is ISO 200
toshi's pic was taken at ISO 800

Download Opanda, and you can get this info yourself...

http://www.opanda.com/

The problem with a camera that maxes out at ISO 400 is, when you get into that situation where you need more, it isn't there...doesn't matter how clear and sharp the lens is, doesn't matter if you have IS...you're not going to get a good shot. I'd rather have a grainy shot than a black frame or a total blur.

Take a look at the Fuji forum for some more sample S5200 pics.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2005, 9:26 PM   #36

Thanks for the info on Opanda, I had read about it in another thread thought I could remember..... didnt, and couldnt find the thread either. Im having trouble with the file so I cant play with it tonight.

It will really help in making sense of the images, Im hoping it also shows the camera used but if I look at their posts I can usually figure that out. Ill answer my own questions when I get Opanda working.

As far as the ISO I really havent missed having anything but 100 ISO theres images that could have been better but theres only been one place I missed them completely without a tripod or a slave flash so for me anything over 100 is great.

mnosbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 4:41 AM   #37

There is no flash pop-up button on the Fuji S-5200. There is no way to manually pop the flash - it comes up only when the camera decides you need it.

I've just begun reading about the S-5200 - have read all of one review - and because of this idiotic flash arrangement, I've already crossed it off the list.

I swear, these guys are drunk when they design some of these cameras.
EOS RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 2:17 PM   #38

My pic was taken at ISO 800. I compared a similar shot I took with a Canon A75 at ISO 200 and it was far noisier. I also did an 8X10 print of this shot and little noise was visible.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 2:54 PM   #39

Here's a shot I just took out of my front window at f 6.5, 1/1100 sec., ISO 800. As you can tell, it's a very cloudy, overcast day. Most of the artifacts visible in this shot are from compression, not noise.
Attached Images

Old Nov 16, 2005, 5:46 AM   #40

You can see Kodak P850 Pics here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=18

nugget_finder is offline   Reply With Quote