Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 17, 2005, 10:06 PM   #1

just bought the s5600. my first camera. just awe inspired by it .

by the way this attempt is my excitement to read the instructions and get snapping

hungry for more tips and info on this new hobby
Attached Images

petertherock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2005, 4:43 AM   #2

Welcome and good luck with your new camera. Stop by the Fuji forum and post a few pics once in a while.

Looks like a couple of boats on dry land...Bay of Fundy?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 8:03 AM   #3

petertherock-

Welcome to this wonderful forum. The Fuji S-5200/S-5600 is really a great digital camera and I think that you will really enjoy it. We will look forward to seeing you in the Fujifilm section.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 2:33 PM   #4

:|I just got an S5200 and I agree - it's an awesome camera! I think mine is the first one in my part of the country - I ordered it before it was released to the stores, in fact, it's still not in stock. This thing takes really good pictures, and in circumstances my old digicam, a Canon A75, wouldn't even work.At first, I thoughtthe Anti-Blur mode was a gimmick, but it actually works, as does Natural Light. I've taken a few shots at ISO 800 and there's no noticeable noise. Amazing!Love the S5200!
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:09 PM   #5

toshi-

I certaily agree with you. The Fuji S-5200 is a great camera in my opinion. Even at ISO 1600 it produces excellent photos.

Ultra
Attached Images

ultrazoom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 7:08 PM   #6

another effot by me
Attached Images

Old Oct 19, 2005, 7:25 PM   #7

sorry about this

cant get the hang of compressing these files
Old Oct 20, 2005, 2:08 PM   #8

I don't use a Fuji but my son does and he loves it. And judging by the looks of the pictures posted here, it seems that you've gotten yourself a fine camera.

You asked for some tips re: photography. I know this is the first, or nearly the first, photo you took when you unpacked the camera. I'm assuming you probably took it on one of the pre-set modes. As you get to know your camera better you'll learn to tweak those and to take more control over your shots. For now, I have one piece of advice.

Make sure that the horizon is straight. If you look at your photo, you will notice that the shoreline slants significantly. The crooked horizon is a common error, so don't feel too badly. Fortunately, it's an issue that's easy to fix (on future shots). Just before you shoot your picture take a look at any horizons (skylines, shorelines, etc.) and make sure they are straight.

Now, as for fixing the horizon on this photo, you will have to use your photo editing software to rotate it and crop it. Sometimes this process results in such a drastic crop that you end up with a completely different photo than the one with which you began. And always, always, always save the new photo under a different name. That way you'll end up with two photos in your file, the original and the edited one.

Congrats on your purchase. Shoot lots of photos and post them regularly. The folks on these forums are generally very supportive and knowledgeable.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 7:03 PM   #9

thanks for that
Attached Images

Old Oct 20, 2005, 7:07 PM   #10

some one please tell me how to compress these files so thay dont look so pixalated when viewed.

its drivin me mad

the simelst way if poss

pete