Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 16, 2005, 2:47 PM   #11

mcode wrote:
Quote:
Dear a55w owners!Please help making us happy again!

Michael

PLEASEEEEE.........i want some words from owners toooo.....:|
Old Nov 21, 2005, 2:21 PM   #12

Heyy i finally got my a55w in one week i or maybe more i will have my opinion about the product but i am a really beginner i think everything will be nice for me sorry jejeje
Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:27 PM   #13

au_jaime wrote:
Quote:
Heyy i finally got my a55w in one week i or maybe more i will have my opinion about the product but i am a really beginner i think everything will be nice for me sorry jejeje

au_jaime......say something about this camera please.....something about video mode and about pictures you take with this camera ....please...and thank you....
Old Nov 23, 2005, 7:03 PM   #14

... something about the display (especially in low light and very bright light) would also be interesting!
Old Nov 25, 2005, 2:17 PM   #15

THE DISPLAY IS NICE IS BIG AND CLEAR IT HAS 3 MODES LOW, MEDIUM AND HIGH

THE VIDEO MODE IS NICE BUT I DO NOT LIKE THAT THE CAMERA IS VERY VERY SENSITIVE TO THE ILUMINATION CHANGES IN VIDEO MODE YOU CAN SEE AND THE ONLY WAY TO CORRECT THA IS ADJUSTING THE WHTE BALANCE TO +2.

BUT YOU CAN SEE THE VIDEO IN THE TV CLEAR BUT IF YOU RECORD AT NIGHT IT IS A LITTLE BIT DAR

I DO NOT LIKE THE NIGHT MODE BECAUSE ALMOST ALL THE TIME THE IMAGES LOOK LIKE DOUBLE IMAGE IT S NOT SO GOOD

I DON NOT LIKE THAT IN AUTO MODE IF YOU TAKE A CLOSED PICTURE IT LOOKS OVEREXPOSED AT NIGHT THEY LOOK TOO WITHE. AND YOU USE THE NIGHT MODE THEY LOOK LIKE DOUBLE IMAGE I THINK I NEED A TRIPOD

THAT IS ALL BY THE MOMMENT I AM STILL CHEQUING JUS WAIT
Old Nov 25, 2005, 5:59 PM   #16

au_jaime wrote:
Quote:
THE DISPLAY IS NICE IS BIG AND CLEAR IT HAS 3 MODES LOW, MEDIUM AND HIGH
THE VIDEO MODE IS NICE BUT I DO NOT LIKE THAT THE CAMERA IS VERY VERY SENSITIVE TO THE ILUMINATION CHANGES IN VIDEO MODE YOU CAN SEE AND THE ONLY WAY TO CORRECT THA IS ADJUSTING THE WHTE BALANCE TO +2.
BUT YOU CAN SEE THE VIDEO IN THE TV CLEAR BUT IF YOU RECORD AT NIGHT IT IS A LITTLE BIT DAR
I DO NOT LIKE THE NIGHT MODE BECAUSE ALMOST ALL THE TIME THE IMAGES LOOK LIKE DOUBLE IMAGE IT S NOT SO GOOD
I DON NOT LIKE THAT IN AUTO MODE IF YOU TAKE A CLOSED PICTURE IT LOOKS OVEREXPOSED AT NIGHT THEY LOOK TOO WITHE. AND YOU USE THE NIGHT MODE THEY LOOK LIKE DOUBLE IMAGE I THINK I NEED A TRIPOD
THAT IS ALL BY THE MOMMENT I AM STILL CHEQUING JUS WAIT

au_jaime....tnx for all this coments.....say something about pictures in macro mode......and....IS THIS CAMERA WORTH HIS MONEY.....DO YOU LIKE IT ...?????

TNX AGAIN....
Old Nov 28, 2005, 1:45 PM   #17

well i am a real beginner in using cameras i know haw to activate the macro mode but i want to know the aplication of the macro mode.

what kind of pictures can i take for macro mode???

according to the web i should take pictures of flowers but very close to lens

am i rigth? if you tell me what to do i will do it and the i let you know the results
Old Nov 28, 2005, 4:03 PM   #18

In macro mode you can shot a objects that are very close to your camera with details.....like bugs....small things....text....etc...Good macro is when the focus is clear on small distances...:?
Old Nov 29, 2005, 2:36 AM   #19

I too looked high and low for a review of the A55W but went ahead an bought it without finding one.....and I wish I had waited -- I have returned the camera.
* Minor issue-- battery life is decent, but certainly not great. Not that big of deal if you have a spare set of rechargeable batteries on hand.
* Minor issue -- noisy lens movement
* Overall opinion -- aside from the two major issues below, the camera is great -- images, LCD screen, size and functionality. That said...
* Major issue 1-- regardless of what you do, the flash always fires. If you have the flash on, it fires 2x. I contacted Samsung and they confirmed that there is always a pre-flash (my words) prior to the image being image being captured. I feel that you'll have to train everyone that your photographing that they need to wait for the 2nd flash. This also significantly impacts...
*Major issue 2 -- time -- lag and time b/w shots. Even when prefocusing, the time between full press and image being captured is extrodinary for a dig cam. Also, the time between shots - with or without flash - is significantly longer than what I've experienced with other cameras.

I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ2 -- AA batteries, SD card, some memory on board, 6x optical (image-stabilized optical), 4x digital. Fantastic -- quick, great images, good size, and fantastic battery life. About $200. I read the cons to this camera which centered around poor low light focusing (no lamp assist) and the relatively low resoluion display. None of these issue has been a concern...focusing works well and the display certainly is far above the minimally acceptable level.
Old Nov 29, 2005, 6:18 PM   #20

KDN .....tnx man....i think to search for another camera too....like you...maybe Panasonic or Canon....:?