Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 10, 2006, 10:43 AM   #21

the shooting time is too slow i do not like it, i sold my camera last week i will check another
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:20 AM   #22

Hi,

I too have been looking for a compact camera with 28mm wide anlge and a decent zoom, with IS. Finding such a camera gave me a massive headache!

I ended up going with the A2 - not exactly compact but it's got the wide angle and 200mm zoom, and IS and loads besides.But my back up will be the Ricoh R3 unless something else comes along in the meantime. 28 - 200mm zoom in a lovely compact body, with a superb macro and fast start up times. It's received some slating for noise, but all I want it for is P&S shots so I doubt that'll bother me that much. They also do the Ricoch R2, 28 - 140mm I think, if you don't need so much zoom.

The other one I have my eye on is the new Kodak 750 I think it is? Weeny, smart camera with 2 lenses; one ultra wide angle 23mm and a 36 - 114mm zoom.

Hope that gives you a bit more choice - I know the nightmare of trying to find the right camera with a 28mm!
Wibblemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:33 AM   #23

wibblemore-

I believe that the Kodak camera you might be referring to is possibly the Kodak V-570. It has two lenses and two 5mp imagers.

I own the Kodak V-570 and like it a lot. The wide angle lens is a fixed focus 23mm lens and it really does quite a fine job. The second lens is your regular 3X optical zoom lens. I have had the camera now for about 3 weeks. Its performance is impressive.

Here is a sample photo using the 23mm wide angle lens.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 11:56 AM   #24

If you are a beginer and first time buyer and want to shoot quility picsthen don'tmake it last time ,,,go for any reputed brand in photography,samsung is not for you.
Imtiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 2:50 PM   #25

Hi MTClimber,
Quote:
I believe that the Kodak camera you might be referring to is possibly the Kodak V-570. It has two lenses and two 5mp imagers.
That's the job. It's a tempting piece of kit, especially with the in-camera panoramic stitch facility. That's a fantastic shot - it looks wider than standard, was that taken with the panoramic facility? What's your opinion of that? Do you need a tripod with it? I don't believe it has IS...?

I liked the look of the Panasonic LX1 because of the wide ratio with a good zoom, (APS got me adicted to panoramics) but the Kodak is on my wish list too. (along with the R3 and the Olympus Stylus 720...how many cameras is too many?!)Not managed to get my mitts on one yet - it looks smaller than the Panasonic?

WM
Wibblemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 4:32 PM   #26

WM-

The Kodak V-570 is a good deal smaller than the Panasonic LX-1. The photo that I attached to my post was NOT a stitched panorama, it was a singleultra wide angle image. That particular photo was taken using a tripod, due to the rapidly reducing light level in that sunset. I also used -1.0EV of exposure compensation as well.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote