Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:49 AM   #1

I am surprised and disappointed that nobody wants to express any opinions or ideas about my prevous post. Anybody?!
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2005, 11:09 AM   #2

Please understand the the Samsung A55w is a pretty obscure digital camera. The only place that I cound find anyone selling it was www.shopping.com. As far as I could determine there are no reviews at all of this camera. The L55w has been discontinued.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 12:18 PM   #3

Thank you so much for answering me!

Well, that's exactly what I was saying: that I could not find any reviews or opinions about the A55W - that's why I asked others about this camera and other Samsung cameras in general.

I would also appreciate any suggestions about other cameras that would fit my parameters.

Still hopeful,

Ily
Old Oct 20, 2005, 12:20 PM   #4

P.S. The Samsung L55W has been discontinued?!? Did not find anything about this anywhere - thanks for telling me. Wow: they just announced it a few months ago...not a good sign, methinks.

Ily
Old Oct 20, 2005, 12:21 PM   #5

Your first post here doesn't get answered in 24 hours (actually a little less than 24 hours) and you start whining? Your original post only got 18 views (and one of them was me). We have 46,333 members, so obviously a Samsung digicam post doesn't get too many people excited.

I didn't reply to your original post because, 1. I never heard of the model you were interested in, 2. I didn't even know Samsung was still trying to sell cameras, 3. I couldn't think of a camera that even came close to fulfilling your needs for less than $300. I'm sure the other 17 members who viewed your original post had the same thoughts.

Now if you were willing to spend $500 or more, or were willing to give up on one or more of your needs, we could find a camera for you...but it might take a couple of days.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:45 PM   #6

Ily426if this is a camera you are really interested in there are sources for purchase and general information. But compare it's features to readily available cameras to make things easier.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...e&n=502394

All I did to find this a simple google search.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...q=Samsung+L55W

don't be so impatient with the folks here. I just found these forums a few days ago and I have to say I am impressed with the willingness of strangers to help each other researching links, sharing knowledge and personal experience.
pichataker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 2:42 PM   #7

I am writing to express my dismay at the experience I had in posting to this forum. I believe that my initial post was polite and civilized, as well as very clear. I also believed that my subsequent posts maintained the same tone.

In answer to them I received posts that are less than kind - to say the least, one of them being downright rude. I am a 54 year information professional and not a rookie when it comes to the Internet community, but this is the first time that I had such a negative experience in a moderated forum.

It is exactly because this forum boasts such a large membership that I was surprised of not getting an answer sooner and I saw nothing offensive in simply expressing it. I certainly found it rudeto being scolded by an unknownbecause of 'whining'. I believe that I made it clear in my initial post that I have done my research and and it is precisely because I did not find the information I needed that I approached this forum, in the hope of finding somebody with either direct experience with the Samsung A55W or other Samsung cameras or, at least, somebody willing to confirm or invalidate my conclusion that the camera I was looking for does not seem to exist currently on the market.

I did not post here to be the target of anybody's latent aggressiveness issues, nor to provide the forum with an opportunity for discussing "an exciting" camera. I know the A55W is "an obscure" camera, that was my point. I did not ask where I can buy it, nor a disdainful lesson in using Google (I do Internet research professionally, by the way, I also teach it).

Deeply regreting my encounters in this forum, please receive my assurance that I will never return to it.

Ily426