Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 24, 2005, 6:58 PM   #1

When I orginally started posting here, I had decided to upgrade my G2 and was trying to decide between something similar to it (A620) or just go for it with the Dslr....at that point, was also considering the Rebel XT.

This weekend I was finally able to get out and hold the different models.....with all the reviews flying around, and listening(reading) what other had to say, I was at this point, open to all of them.

The Rebel pretty much turned me off.....I have small hands and it was uncomfortable for me to hold....and the viewfinder just didn't work for me. The KM 5D also just didn't fit me.......on the other hand the Nikon's fit great.....loved, loved, loved the viewfinders.....

Now, the question is: benefits of one to the other? which would you chose and why? I like them both.....just not sure.....so any opinions would be helpful...insights?

dragonluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:26 PM   #2

I'm in the same boat I hope you get some valuable feedback.
kidblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:54 PM   #3

For simplicity sake, think of it this way. The Nkon D-70 has more features, the D-50 costs a bit less and has fewer features. However, don't miss taking a good look at two other remarkable dSLR cameras: the Pentax 1st DS and the Olympus E-300. The Pentax is famous for it great shape, grip, size, and its fantastic view finder. The olympus E-300/E-500 continue that great Olympus tradition with feature filled dSLR cameras. You have more questions, you say. Well we are here to help you.

Sarah Joyce
speaklightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:18 PM   #4

I was looking at those 2 myself. But after much research, I'm liking the new KM Maxxum5D a lot!
Rambler358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 7:13 PM   #5

Rambler358 wrote:
Quote:
I was looking at those 2 myself. But after much research, I'm liking the new KM Maxxum5D a lot!
Same here.
Gummo is offline   Reply With Quote