Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 28, 2005, 5:18 PM   #1

Hi everyone first time on hear so i am sorry if this has been covered before.I have noticed at my local argos that they are selling the s1is for about £160 so could you tell me is it worth it? I did have a a95 but that was stolen on my holls,i now have a fujifilm e510 and i am not happy with it.The indoor shots are not very good sometimes they are out of focus i no the fuji dose not have a focus-assist lamp and neither dose the cannon is this a big problem with the cannon as it seems to be on my fuji? i just use it for normal familly stuff most of the time just point and shoot.But the movie mode sounds very good no need to buy a video cam? i would be very grateful for any help or advice you can give me thanks:?
new boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2005, 5:48 PM   #2

Check Fuji S5200. very impressive camera. CHeck S5200 related threads here and u may get an ideaa of what the camera is capable of. Can shoot at ISo1600 and its much cheaper than the S2 and some where close to S1 may be (30 dollors more in USA)

Also check Canon G6. Even that is good.

SV
nymphetamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 6:05 PM   #3

Thanks i will look in to it
Old Oct 28, 2005, 7:47 PM   #4

something else i hope you can help me with is on this web site it says that the lcd screen and evf "gain up" in low light but on another site it says that it dose not.Can any one help?:?
Old Oct 28, 2005, 8:13 PM   #5

It's a shame you lost your A95. That was an awesome camera from what I heard. It's a darn shame Canon doesn't make it anymore and opted for the damn SD cards and changed the lens too.
pineywoodsman is offline   Reply With Quote