Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

View Poll Results: Basically, if you were getting it free, DSC-M2 or VPC-C5
Sony DSC-M2 1 50.00%
Sanyo VPC-C5 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 31, 2005, 7:43 AM   #1

Hi,

My options are the Sony DSC-M2 or the Sanyo VPC-C5. What do you think? Thanx for taking the time ... it's definitely appreciated.

Aaron
taekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2005, 9:42 AM   #2

I don't think the Sony M2 is widely available yet and I haven't seen many reviews for it, so it's difficult to evaluate the M2. Therefore you might wantto compare the M2with the Sanyo C6? From the comparisons between the Sony M1 and the Sanyo C5, I think all of the first hand comments I've seen so far on the internetdetermined the C5 the winner. This was for the response time, the optical zoom (3x vs. 5x) and it's speed, the video quality and the stills quality. Without tracking down these comparisons, I think they pointed out that the Sony had more features and better battery life, but it also required the more expensive MS Duo Pro sticks.

Oh, and have you seen sample videofrom the M1? From what I've seen so far, it's not very good.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 8:08 AM   #3

Thanx for the reply, it definitely helps. I know Sony is a big company and that's a big part of what sells their products. However I have always felt that the C5 was a really good camera. At the moment I think they are around the same price: the C5 and the M2. The C6 however is $725US according to Sanyo which is a good $225USD higher than the M2. That's pretty much the only reason why I'm comparing the C5 and the M2. But I definitely know that the C5 does circles around the M2.

Again thanx for the help,

Aaron
taekat is offline   Reply With Quote