Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:12 PM   #1

Hey all,

I've been browsing around Steves website for quite a while now and I'm undecided between these two models. From what I understand, the F10 is a older model with 6.3 MP whereas the Canon is 7.1

However, the reviews state that the F10 is fantastic for taking shots in low light and has a AF illuminator. There also seems to be a big price gap with the Canon being more expensive. The prob with the F10 is the fact that you have to carry around an adapter for all your I/O needs - whereas for the Canon, its all built in. The Canon looks nicer imo but thats irrelevant

Given the choice of the two, which would you choose? I'm looking in using it for everyday normal use as well as for garden/indoor parties. I used to have a fuji A205 which, although it did the job, tend to be quite blurry in evening shots

I'm a student so ideally something pocketable will be quite nice. Is the F10 so much bigger than the Canon like most of the reviews make you believe? Another pocketable choice was the Sony DSC-T7 - what about this? is it recommended for indoor shots?
rockykabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 31, 2005, 6:07 PM   #2

Given the choice of the three, I would take the F10, every time. The low light ability of the F10 far exceeds that of the other two you mentioned (ISO 1600 vs. 400). Regarding size differences, according to the published specs, the F10 is 0.1" longer and 0.1" higher, and the same thickness as the SD 550. The T7 is about half of the thickness of the other two. Check out some sample pics taken by the F10 in low light...I think you'll be impressed.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:06 PM   #3

Thanks mate.....I guess I'll go with the F10. It seemed to get a lot of recommendations for its low light capabilities and excellent battery. I thought it was a typo in the reviews when they said that Fuji was much bigger than the ixus.......I don't understand, its only 0.1" each way! The way they describe it, its almost as if its several inches bigger :?

The funniest has to be this guy from the cnet review page:
http://reviews.cnet.com/4864-6501_7-...mp;ctype=msgid

Watch the vid...near the end, he says that its a nice addition that a tripod can be attached as it can get kinda heavy.......?!? :G Weakling.....

(apologies for the excited response....it must be the Red Bull playing up )
rockykabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 8:27 PM   #4

If you buy that F10, you might want to consider a hand truck to bring it out to your car!

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 5:58 AM   #5

I'm a Fuji bigot. Go for the F10!
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote