Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 4, 2005, 5:36 PM   #1

Hi all

I am trying to find a reliable, easy to use,compact"point & shoot" cam for and old person, who will use it mostly in full AUTO mode , and who really wants a big LCD screen (2,5''). The price should be around 300 $.

I am not fond of the expensiveultra-compact cameras, but it would be nice to find a small, pocketablecamera.Right now, I amleaning towards the Sony W5or the Fuji F10 (6.3mp). I've also heard good things of some CASIO and Panasonic models.

What other options should I consider?
Ed_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2005, 6:00 PM   #2

The F10 is an ass-kicker. In addition to its huge screen, the responsiveness will really suit older people who don't understand half-press. Also ISO 1600 is a boon.
David French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2005, 6:03 PM   #3

Note that I did not say, "bottom kicker". Rather, I said, "a s s kicker", but the site apparently censored me.
David French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2005, 2:52 AM   #4

Ed_M wrote:
Quote:
I am trying to find a reliable, easy to use,compact"point & shoot" cam for and old person, who will use it mostly in full AUTO mode , and who really wants a big LCD screen (2,5''). The price should be around 300 $.....

I've also heard good things of some CASIO.....
I am delighted with my Casio EX-Z750, because (with ordinary 56-old eyesight) it's the first camera I've had, and the only one I've seen, where I can read the menus in daylight on its big screen without a visual aid. I don't know if it's within budget in your part of the world.

I have it set to 5Mpixels routinely, to keep the file sizes down. I turn it up to the maximum 7Mpix only when I think I have a winner. It works well on full auto, especially if it's set to ISO100.

Good luck to Grannie, or whoever!

Alan T
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote