Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Nov 30, 2005, 1:05 PM   #1

I've narrowed it down to the sony dsc-p200 and casio's ex-z120 and ex-z750.

Looks like the main differences between the two casios are the video modes and the internal battery vs AA's on the z120. Reading through all the posts made me think that there's very little to choose between the p200 and the z750. The only difference in price is that I can get the z120 for 10% cheaper than the other two. I'm not too concerned about size differences as they're all small enough. Couldn't find a lot of postings on the z120.

Any recommendations? Experiences?
bloues is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2005, 2:28 PM   #2

I was considering same plus the SD550. The larger screens are nice but they have a tendency to get scratched. The Zeiss lens is awesome (had one before) and Sony has about the best resolution, extremely fast, optional lenses, etc.

The Casio includes the cradle which is nicer than removing batteries. Also, I've read that people prefer the "feel" of the P200 more than the smaller "box" of the Casio-types. I agree that it is a great camera but I think I am leaning toward the p200.

The 120 is going for ^$230 at Costco while the 200 can be found for ^$300 and a little more for the 750.

Good luck!
Viffer 750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 3:47 PM   #3

fyi, some guy really goes off against casio (former employee) under the general/casio forum. sounds like you shouldnt expect too much from casio USA customer service.
Viffer 750 is offline   Reply With Quote