Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 6, 2005, 8:03 PM   #1

Hello.

I am in a dillema in which digital camera i should buy. I like both. I was almost ready to buy the stylous 800 but i read in reviews that it is very noisy at low light and it only captures in low resolution. I also didn't like the 15fps of the video. The c7000 on the other hand have a 5x zoom but i don't know if this is a big difference against the 3x from the stylous 800.

Which camera is faster between the continius photos and which one if brighter?

The photographer at shop told me that c7000 is made of magnisium and it is better constructed because it ismanufactured at japan against the stylous 800 which ismanufactured in china.

One other question is does the stylous 800 have manual focus ?

Please give me your opinion and help me to decide.

Thanks.
dimkrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2005, 11:47 AM   #2

dimkrom-

I own both of these digital cameras and clearly the C-7000 is the better camera with far less noise. The Stylus 800 is just to noisy.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 4:47 PM   #3

Finally i bought the olympus c-70z camera and it is great.

I have one question about the camera. When i first put the battery in the charger the red light light was on for some minutes and aftera while i see it flashing, i leave flashing for 2.30 hours and then i took the battery off (because i think that something is wrong)and put it again back on and the lights was onuntil the battery had charged and the light became green.
My question is what does the flashing red lights means? I didn't find anything about that state. Only red on and green on.

If anyone knows answer me please.

Thanks.

Old Dec 8, 2005, 5:56 PM   #4

when i say flashing i mean blinking. please excuse my english.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 7:27 PM   #5

:sad:i am disappointed about the camera i bought. The photos i take i think it's not clear and noisy at the indoors shoots with flash. I thinkfor insideshootsyou must have the camera ona tripod so don't moveand have a goodphotos otherwise no good photos.At the macro mode there is overexposure photos, and the redeye didn't do a thing. Oh and the battery is off very very fast. I bought and a second one the li-10b which is off more faster.
Something is wrong whith this camera. A lot of controls but the picture quality is very poor. I consider if i had to take the stylous 800 for better.
Old Dec 11, 2005, 8:39 AM   #6

I myself think Olympus C7000 is great. Go to dpreview.com and search for C7000, you will see more comments on this little gem.
Attached Images

justpoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 11:10 AM   #7

dimkrom,

First you said the camera was great...then you said you were disappointed with it - which is it? What did it do for you that made you think it was so great?

Based on some of your comments, either your camera is defective, or you just don't have a clue as how to operate it.

Such as:

"I thinkfor insideshootsyou must have the camera ona tripod so don't moveand have a goodphotos otherwise no good photos. "

You don't need to have your camera on a tripod to take indoor pics. What mode do you have your camera on?

"At the macro mode there is overexposure photos, and the redeye didn't do a thing."

Redeye isn't supposed to be used in macro mode. Macro is for extreme closeups.

"Oh and the battery is off very very fast. I bought and a second one the li-10b which is off more faster."

What do you consider fast? 5 minutes? 3 days?

Why don't you post a few of your pictures, and maybe someone here can figure out what (if anything) you're doing wrong.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 6:02 PM   #8

Sorry for my post but it was in a time that i was confused and dissapointed with the camera maybe because i was expecting a lot more and i didn't had a clue on how to use it. But know as the time goes and i start to learning the advanced manual i starting to like it.
For the redeye i know that it can't be used in macro mode, when i say this i mean that the redeye didn't work in normal mode (not always) and the flash with macro (not super macro) made an overexposure image. But this problem i manage to override it aftersome reading.:idea:
About the battery the first times it last around 30 minutes but i use the camera a lotwith flash and lot of zoom in zoom out around 30 pictures with flash. Now it last longer. Maybe it needed a couple of charges to get the maximum capacity, the li-10b finally i see that it is smaller 1090mAh than 1230mAh of the li-12b thats why it last sorter.
So forget my post above. I know i was wrong.

:-)hoppefullyi manage to take a good picture (my opinion) and i post at the closeup section of the forum.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=7
Old Dec 11, 2005, 7:54 PM   #9

dimkrom,

No need to apologize...glad to hear you figured out how to solve a couple of problems. Obviously you know how to use the macro mode - that was a great picture of the leaf...interesting subject and well taken.

According to Olympus, the LI-12B battery should be good for 175 shots per charge with typical usage (I assume that means some zooming and some flash usage), so your 30 shots is very poor. Even the LI-10B should get you 150 shots per charge. Maybe you're right...the batteries may improve after several cycles.

Good luck with your new camera, and keep posting pics.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote