Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 11, 2005, 3:43 PM   #11

southerngal the A345 is a cool little camera. check this thread. I posted these pictures a few weeks ago while I was testing the camera before I gave it to her for her birthday. 17 but no digital camera experience. I love it and I am used to a much fancier one. She likes it now too.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ight=Fuji+A345

Arlene
pichataker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 5:27 PM   #12

I am in the same boat. I just purchased the kodak c330 on line at staples. it is a special buy that comes with free 256 sd card and an free epson cx4200 all in one printer after rebate. price is 134.98 I purchased two. this has 640x480 video with sound and audio/video out. all the cameras in this price range are pretty much similar. I dont think this deal can be beat.
fearnodeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 5:54 PM   #13

That deal looks like it wouild fit southerngal's needs quite well. It takes cheap SD cards, has 16mb built in, takes AA batteries, fits into her price range. Not sure about the video size though, what I've read said 320x240.

Lucky, I wasn't recommending an a345, I said my experience with Fuji A series cameras has been good and picture quality looks good. It is ultimately her decision and she did ask about the quality of the camera and it's pictures after she had dismissed the Canon A510. Perhaps there is more to her decision than video quality. Personally, I like the Sony of the three mentioned here and I have a bias against Sony.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 5:59 PM   #14

fearnodeerI just checked Staples and that looks like a great deal and it's a decent camera for the price. If I were in the market for this type of camera right now I would go with it.

Arlene
pichataker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 8:40 AM   #15

No advice on which camera, but it is worth shopping at the office supply places like Staples. They seem to buy a shipload of low end (cheap)cameras and sell them at a good price. Typically they have only one camera at a good price, but if that one suits you, do you need more choices?
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote