Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 11, 2005, 12:31 PM   #1

I'm looking to get a very small/slim digital camera for around £200 ish! I've been looking at the Samsung i5, Konica Minolta X1, Sony T3, Olympus MJU 800and various others but not sure which one to go for. I want one that is small enough to slip in my pocket and has about 5mp with a 2.5" screen and has movie mode with sound and zoom.

Any ideas which one to go for? Does have to be one I mentioned above. Any recommendatiosn would be great!

Thanks!
Paul_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2005, 12:59 PM   #2

I'mlooking for the same thing. The Canon Digital Ixus 55 (aka PowerShot SD450) gets excellent reviews all round, and I very nearly bought it yesterday.

Only downsides seem to be firstly there's no video compression, so it chews up about 2 mb a second (although the results are amazing). Second, like most cameras, you can only use the digital zoom during filming, not optical. My old Olympus lets you simply turn the mic off, enabling you to use the optical zoom.

If the above doesn't matter to you, then go for it.
cragside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 1:15 PM   #3

Paul_T wrote:
Quote:
[...]I want one that is small enough to slip in my pocket and has about 5mp with a 2.5" screen and has movie mode with sound and zoom.[...]
One of the Sanyo Xacti C models? (C6, C5, C4, C40)
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote