Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 17, 2005, 8:07 PM   #11

I got a Kingmax 60x card from Newegg.com. Works great, is fast, and pretty cheap. Around $50 for the 512MB card.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 8:38 PM   #12

mnosbor wrote:
Quote:
Make sure the rebate is for the FZ20 I was under the impression the rebate for the 20 was limited to 2 retailers one being http://www.vanns.com and the other I cant remember, so check to make sure.

I got mine through Vanns at $399 it was more than a few others by a few bucks but I trust Vanns more than some of the others they really are about customer service and Ive been in their retail stores since I was first into cameras theyre out of Montana.

As far as the card I cant help you there, Im not sure you will notice the difference there is a chart of card speeds somewhere try google. I do prefer to have more than one card though but thats just me.
Yes, the rebate for the FZ20 is only for purchases through Vanns or OneCall.com. I was planning on ordering through OneCall because they are offering free 3 day FedEx shipping. I have never ordered through either store, but I checked OneCall's reviews on BizRate & they were also highly rated. I haven't ordered yet, so could certainly order through Vann's insted if they are a more reputable/reliable retailer...Has anyone dealt with OneCall.com before?
dlhoffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 9:30 PM   #13

The other thing I was comparing was the extended warranty, for 5 yrs you should be able to get a mack for 49.99 I looked at one call and found their NSI warranty to be 69.00 5 yrs I couldnt reallly find anything about whether any one was any good or bad for that matter. Either way the warranty service Vanns uses was 49.99 and I couldnt find anything on the one that they use either, so I went with the one that I figured would care more about whether it was any good for the customerVanns warranty also refunds part of the warranty cost if you dont use it after 5 yrs which I really didnt care about but found interesting anyway.

The free 3 day shipping would be nice Im not sure what I would go with if the warranty wasnt a consideration for me. Probably the 3 day shipping, One call is probably OK if panasonic is offering a special rebate through them.

I also found another good point to the FZ20 today....the manual focus is good if you want to focus on somthing behind somthing without opening up the entire depth of field, i.e. a cat sleeping under a tree with branches around it, it had a nice effect. I didnt take it I think I could have got a better focus on the cat and moved the wire but you get the idea. Your obviously sold on the 20 I included this for any one else interested in seeing it.

mnosbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 1:12 PM   #14

Yep that FZ20 is a very nice rig, as well as the FZ30 and KODAK P850 and P880's
sw2cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 12:03 PM   #15

My FZ15 has a continuous burst mode. Shoots until the card is full. Does the FZ20 not do the same? Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 12:10 PM   #16

d-sr wrote:
Quote:
My FZ15 has a continuous burst mode. Shoots until the card is full. Does the FZ20 not do the same? Don

Yes it does. It just takes a short rest for a couple of seconds every few exposures.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote