Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 22, 2005, 1:15 PM   #21

ok, now...this one I just have to post because it is a good example of how a picture can have noise, but still be a keeper, and fun to look at. The light conditions were the pits, and this guy was M O V I N G, let me tell you. But he did have his dinner in his claws and I took a stab at it. He's looking right at me, and I must say I've seen that look on faces in the line up at KFC as they get their order and head out the door!:lol: Yup. See, there it is. There's the noise alright, but look at the crappy light, the speed of the object, and then evaluate the results. Would you forgive the noise under those conditions? Worth the effort? Definately. Keeper? Absolutely...at least for me, for sure. Noise and all. Hope I've been able to shed light, and thank you for asking me to post these. Merry Christmas,

KennethD
Attached Images

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 2:20 PM   #22

Great and difficult shot. You should be able to easily clean it up with some PP. Make it a little brigher, add some contrast, remove noise and it'll be a keeper.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:12 PM   #23

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Great and difficult shot. You should be able to easily clean it up with some PP. Make it a little brigher, add some contrast, remove noise and it'll be a keeper.
Greetings...and thanks for the hints. I never got around to doing much with this pic, (assuming you mean the hawk with the mouse in its claws) and it just occured to me to include it because so many comments have been made about FZ 30 noise. I wanted to post it as is just to illustrate that some shots still have appeal even with noise. However, now that you comment, I think it might be worth while for me to clean it up, and repost it. It could also prove another point. That even a noisy shot can be worth improving, and indeed, can be. Thanks...

Kd
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:38 PM   #24

Nice work. If that's what an amateur can do with moving / distance subjects, I can imaging what still life or landscape will look like.

Here's your pic with 5 seconds work in photoshop to remove some noise. Someone with PS skills could do a better job.

Attached Images

ViS_Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 4:40 PM   #25

This is a good illustration, sheding some light on how some photos can be nicely enhanced with a little processing, and as you point out, this is a quick fix. Anyone can use a little logic and realize even more dramatic improvements can be made here, assuming the person has some time and skill. Nice job...

Kd
Old Dec 24, 2005, 1:22 AM   #26

You are not a Simpleton...lol. That is simply a great shot. I got my red eye sight and today I received the adapter to attach it to the hotshoe. I'll take some moving object shots in burst mode this weekend to test it out. When it comes to zoom power and handling the FZ30has yet to be beat. However, the noise does bug me, even at lower ISO's. To me it's a lot worse than the FZ20 was. I am enjoying the FZ30 for now, but it is definitely a transitional camera for me.
Old Dec 24, 2005, 1:33 AM   #27

Here is the pic after playing around with in PS CS2 for a minute. Yes,I can see the ragged edges, but that canbe fixed in a few minutes.

Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:13 PM   #28

Thanks, Kenneth. That's exactly what I'm hoping to achieve. By the way, there are some great shots of Australian birds on the dpreview website that you might like. Check the Panasonic forum.

dano
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote