Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 17, 2005, 9:24 AM   #1

Both small and perfectly formed but which would YOU choose and why?
Jon.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2005, 9:55 AM   #2

Ok, the 110 has 10x optical zoom, built-in 1GB, plays MP3sand is really tiny, but there is no competition if you want a hybrid, the 110 has 0.5 (!)mega-pixel stills versus the C6's 6 mega-pixels, that's a world apart. Basically the 110 isok as an MPEG-4 videocamera, but it's useless as a stills camera. The C6 does a really good job with both, is tiny as well, and besides, from the video samples I've seen so far the C6 beats the Samsung hands down and does better under low light. I'm waiting to see what Samsungcomes upnext when they update thisminiket line. With the almost year oldVP-M2100 (Samsung Australia), which was never released in the US, there's a hint of what might come.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 7:17 PM   #3

Thank you Caelum! That's really appreciated. I knew that the stills on the C6 would be vastly superior to the miniket 110 but according to the specs and according to my retailer the video resolution on the miniket would beat the Xacti but there wasn't much in it, so it is encouraging to read your comment as I was beginning to favour the C6. It was only two weeks ago that I was choosing between the miniket 110 and the C5 and the demo I had in the shop with the miniket was impressive and it is just that bit smaller and sexier and easier to slip in one's pocket. But now that Sanyo have addressed the lowlight performance I think this could be a winner. Hope so anyway 'cos I'm ordering one tomorrow. Many thanks. I will be posting my hands on experience with the C6 after Xmas. It is still difficult to get hold of in the UK and will not be widely available until around March 2006 I have been told.
Jon.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 11:50 PM   #4

I think you should be pleased with the C6, it has a few shortcomings, the most glaring being the short flash range for stills. Regarding the miniket's higher video resolution (720x480) vs. the C6's (640x480), it doesn't translate to clearer video. I don't have a C6, have only seen sample videos, but I have played witha miniket and, while the video is good and fluid, it's not that crisp and tends to be a little muddy sometimes. Strangeconsidering it records at more than double the bit rate of the C6 (double the file sizes, half the recording time). The C6 will not provide camcorder grade video either or best of digicam's stills but it appears to be the ultra-compact thatbalances boththe best at this time (might change in the near future?).
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote