Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 21, 2005, 9:49 PM   #21

John,

Did you try what I suggested...uninstall the Fuji software [don't reinstall] and plug your camera directly into your USB port?

Before you unplug your camera, do you wait to see the 'safe to remove hardware' message?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:06 PM   #22

rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
John,

Did you try what I suggested...uninstall the Fuji software [don't reinstall] and plug your camera directly into your USB port?

Before you unplug your camera, do you wait to see the 'safe to remove hardware' message?

the Hun

Sorry i wrote it wrong i meant i uninstalledand installed it again i have done this all the day now it dont work.

I havent tried plug the camera directly in , i will try that now.

John@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:09 PM   #23

I have tried plug the camera directly into the PCbut that is not possible the cable wont fit the camera, so i have to plug usb cable through the Triple-adaptor.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:31 PM   #24

It could be... just maybe

That there is a problem my computer Crashes when USB mass storage is plugged in

my problem could be similar to this one:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windo...e-Problem.html

I cannot confirm this unless i get another camera brand and it happen the same.

Note that the Netminidisc probaly dont use USB mass storage as a Mp3 player

so it could be first time my pc use USB mass storage and it gives blue screen on that.

hmmmmm. i am not sure if this is the problem but it could be.
Old Dec 21, 2005, 10:51 PM   #25

Here is another one with the same problem on a iPOD which also use

USb mass storage :

" IPOD - It will only work if I boot up the computer with it attached. Actually every device will work if I do this, but it will crash the computer if I try to take it out or remove the USB device from "Safeley Remove HArdware". SO as for a Bluescreen of death.. that is rare. However the problems will hang the computer and I will have to do a hard reset or power down."

That is exactly what happens to me . I wonder if i should ask Hp about it

Old Dec 21, 2005, 11:49 PM   #26

Hi John,
I am getting into this discussion late, as I have been away. I bought the F10 and returned it after two weeks because I could not get used to using a camera that did not have an optical viewfinder. I also thought the LCD could be larger and the xD cards are more expensive than SD cards used by other manufacturers. Anyway, I bought the SD550 and I just love it for its size, photo quality, bright large LCD, viewfinder and good battery life. Yes, that's right. Battery life is no where near as poor as I read it would be. I have had no problems with battery life at all. And when the charge goes down, I just pop out the battery and charge in any outlet - very easy and very fast, no hassle operation. After trying the F10, if you decide that it's not for you, you cannot go wrong with the SD550. It is not just a coincidence that it is one of the very best selling and most popular cameras. It exudes QUALITY!
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 12:02 AM   #27

i Think you can shoot 500 photos with Fuji F10 batterylife and 250 with cannon.

If is a USB mass storage problem on my laptop there is a change that all product using this system (iPODs , digital camera etc...) will fail and give blue screen (My Net-minidisc dont do this since it use the normal USB and is not a mountable hardisk)

Anyway the Canon Sd550 does use Sd card and my laptop has Sd cardreader.

What i wonder is if i have to activate something on my laptop to get the USB mass storage drivers to work good i have to ask hp and fuji about it.

if there is no solution i must either live with the problem or get a canon since my laptop have SD card reader but not XD

it didnt though it was so much of a stress to get a digital camera hooked properly upto the computer if i knew i would have delayed buying it until later.
Old Dec 22, 2005, 2:10 AM   #28

It seem Canon dont use this usb mass storage (Cant remember what it use again) So maybe i wont have this problem with Canon. Still i will give Fuji suport a chance later on today and i will also ask Hp suport for my laptop to see if problem can be solved .

I must say iam VERY disapointed with the way Fuji software operated on my pc I should have got a Canon .

Old Dec 22, 2005, 9:29 AM   #29

I did a windows restore before the point i installed the drivers , This time i didnt install the software, just plugged in the camera and waited for Windows to detect the driver, which it did, and as soon as USB mass storage drives was detected IT displayed a blue screen.: 0x000000A IRL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL.

This is quite frustating iam sure it has to do with Usb mass storage detection.

Ubs mass storage is the protocol used by hard drives and removable disk device over usb, is basiclly scsi over USB. (ipod use this too)

In 2001 Olympus, Nikon, Konica, Sony , Fuji etc started to use Usb mass storage device.

Apart of Usb mass storage you have PTP , picture transfer protocol is a standarized protocol developed by kodak to provice a standard way to acess digital camera.

Sony also started using PTP in adition to Mass storage protocol.

Canon seem to use another protocol which mean i maybe not get this problem with canon, but the good solution would be to find out why my pc failt on Usb mass storage .

Old Dec 22, 2005, 4:51 PM   #30

"I must say iam VERY disapointed with the way Fuji software operated on my pc I should have got a Canon ."

Your computer has a problem, John...what good do you think getting a different camera will do?

Fix your computer!

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote