Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 21, 2005, 5:15 AM   #1

I'm looking for a slim pocket size camera that takes good picturesand also has a movie mode with zoom whilst recording. So far I like the Samsung i5, Konica Minolta X1, Pentax S6 and Kodak V550 but I'm not sure which one to go for.

Having read the many reviews on the internet and magazines they all have one thing or another going for them and then one thing or another not going for them so I'm really unsure which is the better one! Please help me decide which to go for!

Are there any others like the Sony T3 that are good have have what I need? As mentioned I want a slim/small camera with good spec and video mode.
Paul_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2005, 3:48 PM   #2

Just seen the Casio Exlim EX-S500 and Z500and the Panasonic FX8.Really like the look of these. Are they good for what I want?
Old Dec 22, 2005, 4:04 AM   #3

I looked at the FX8 on dpreview a few days ago and checked the movie recording ability. The demo they provide sets up a ratio of about 10minutes of video on a 1GB card. I don't know what you're planning to record, but most events I'd record last longer than 10 minutes. This is thanks to the use of Apple's MOV format from what I've read. I hope this helps.
Demori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 5:07 AM   #4

Thanks for the reply but it's the length I can record for. Most small digital cameras will let you record movie clips but they won't let you zoom while recording. The cameras I have listed do let you zoom but I wondered if there were any others. I like the look of the Casio's now but I'm not sure if they will let you zoom. I don't believe the Panasonic does!