Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 21, 2005, 6:32 PM   #1

Hi!

I am gonna buy a digi cam but i can't decide which to buy? I am going to stay in Austriafor some time and for that reason i need acam which is suitable for takingnature pics.I am thinkin of 4 to 6 megapixels!! Movie recording is importantbut i have a limited budget around 250$

I'd very happy if someone reply me in detail. There are Casio EXILIM EX-Z110 (6 Megapixel) and Canon PowerShot A520 Digitalkamera (4 Megapixel). Which one do you prefer

Thanks for your help!

Spectacular Shots For Everybody:|
baydam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2005, 9:49 PM   #2

The Z110 is too new to have any good reviews yet. The Z series have had good lenses and good MPEG4 movies. The Casios have also been pretty quick for shutter and cycle times.

If you can't wait for good reviews I would go with the Canon A520. Other than having a little trouble focusing in low light it is a very competent camera. And it has a 4X zoom compared to 3X on the Z110. Movies aren't as good though. And the Casio will likely have faster shutter and cycle times – the A520 isn't great at either.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 4:19 AM   #3

Thanks for your review! I think i can wait for sometime! If you have any other cam that you can recommend, please do so?
baydam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 11:36 AM   #4

You can get a Canon A610 in the US delivered including shipping for $245, but maybe not down under. It is fairly fast and has full manual everything and a good lens.

If that is too pricey in Australia you might want to wait for a good review of the Z110 if that fits your budget.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 2:28 PM   #5

I agree with slipe. The Canon A610 is an outstanding camera and a great value. That would be my choice for a great all around camera.
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote