Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 23, 2005, 4:54 PM   #1

Hi,

Just need a quick advise over 3 types of camera for my good friend:

1. Canon A520 4 Mpx

2. Nikon 5200 5.1 Mpx

3. Sony s-60 4 Mpx

He is interested to buy the last one.

What is the best choice according to your opinion

Thanks

Regards Zak
ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2005, 8:10 PM   #2

"Ok, so my friend has this problem... No, it's not ME, I SWEAR, it's my FRIEND... What's his name... uh..." :roll:

Just kidding. Getting serious now: The Canon and the Sony are very similar cameras. The Canon has more zoom and I think itis cheaper, and I've heard tons of people love it. Memory for it will be cheaper, too. So I think, between the Sony and the Canon, I'd recommend the Canon.

This Fuji, though, is a different kind of camera. It's bigger and has way more zoom, and a very nice lens, and a high-tech sensor with great low-light capabilities. I'd choose the Fuji in a heartbeat, since it's the superior camera (unless you want something smaller).
airshowfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2005, 9:51 PM   #3

I myself own the Sony Cybershot DSC-S60. It hasn't taken one photo that wasn't worth keeping. Beautiful quality. Also features some of the best movies on a compact. There isn't that much freedom in manual mode, but I presume the other would be similiar. I had to choose between the Canon and the Sony, and because image quality is very important to me, the Sony won hands-down.

I wouldn't never seek to buy a new camera anytime soon. Only reason I'm upgrading is for more zoom.
tennisforums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2005, 8:17 AM   #4

Hi and thanks for reply.

It is really for my friend since I own a camera and now looking to buy a SLR for my new interest inphotographing but don't know much about this chipper camerasfor every day use.

According to your oppinions buying the Sony s-60 is not wrong so I could tell him if the money is ot problem to go for, on the other hand for better quality to go for Nikon 5200.

Thanks and Regards Zak

ZAKD is offline   Reply With Quote