Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 27, 2005, 5:52 PM   #1

Sorry to post this, I tried to do a lot of research on my own but have become very confused. I want a Digital Camera that does Video also. The problem is places that talk about video, only talk about video quality and not picture quality and the same thing happens when I research Digital Camera, nothing on the video part.

I am looking for a Digital Camera that takes GOOD QUALITY pictures, but also has a Video option, the video part does not need to be great but good would work with sound. Music playing is not a concern. I bought a Kodiak DV6 and was so disappointed, the pictures blurred no matter what light and what resolution I was using and the video was VERY blocky.

I would like to stay around $300. My hubby bought me an Olympus about 5 years ago and it is just too big, we also have an Panasonic Video Camera, but it is also rather large so I can't carry the two around and I would like to capture those special moments with my 20 month old son.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sadie420

Sadie420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:25 AM   #2

I hate when people don't reply at all to a post, so I'll do my best to help you. You can't go wrong with any point and shoot cameras from Canon, Casio, or Sony. I would highly recommend either the Canon Digital Elph SD300 or the SD450. They're small and pocketable, take great shots, have a highly decent video, and shouldn't cost ya too much. Read up about them. Good luck!!
CrispyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 11:58 AM   #3

Hi there, i have the canon a610 and it takes awesome pictures and has good quality video. It is a fast camera, nice sized, swivel lcd(which i thought would never come in handy and boy, was i wrong). I have had mine now for almost 6 weeks and i am beyond happy......if u read the reviews, it is an awesome camera....
jakoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 4:29 PM   #4

I posted this in the canon area also, but thought I would respond here too. Thank you for all your help.

I have done a ton of research and i think I narrowed my search down to a Canon PowerShot S1. It was either that or a Konica Minolta DiMage Z3. What do you think is a better one? Any suggestions on the best place to buy one? Also, it seems that a referb. it the cheapest way to go, but is it worth the money? thanks for any help you can provide.

Sadie420

Sadie420 is offline   Reply With Quote