Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Dec 29, 2005, 4:59 PM   #1

As a newbie, I'm probably violating some forum rules, but I really need help. I purchased the subject digital camera on a recent cruise to the Canary Islands. I have no complaints about it's operation--picture quality is excellent. I was not taken in by the "JVCAM" as I knew going in that it wasn't made by JVC. However, I purchased it because of it's small size, 2.5 inch LCD monitor, 3x optical zoom, and 4x digital zoom. I took numerous pix on the cruise, and as I said, the pix quality I thought was excellent. Had to tell you all that to tell you this: the camera decided to attack a tile floor and the floor won. The zoom (focus) is jammed. I cannot find any info about where to get this camera repaired. I've tried the internet, a local camera repair, and Ritz camera--no luck. Somewhere I saw that Digi Life made a camera similar to this--but still no luck in finding out who made this camera.Can anyone help?
Attached Images

taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:43 AM   #2

Hi! I bought the same make ofcamera in Gran Canaria.It has great picture quality and wuz workingperfectly for 3 months butI went to change the batteries one dayand it never came back on. I dont know why this is because I'v never dropped it or anything like that. There is no camera repair shop i know of close to where i live.Thegaurentee has a German address. How much didyour camera cost? Mine was priced at 400 euro. I bargained withthe shop owner andended up paying 120 euro. I tried usingtwo AAA1.5v batteries and they dont work. I would like to know if there is a higher voltage battery on the market.
p_wellbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 5:38 PM   #3

p_wellbatman--Sounds like you're almost in the same boat I am. (Sorry for the pun.) There does seem to be a difference inasmuch as the camera I have only uses a flat digital camera battery. There isn't enough space in the battery compartment to even force an AAA size battery. It's interesting, though, you say that it has a German guarantee. Mine didn't come with any guarantee at all. The "photo-shop" type CD that was included has all Oriental-named personnel in the credits (the name of the software is "Ulead Photo Express and Ulead Photo Explorer"). The software seems to be pretty comprehensive, but unfortunately, I don't have any more photos to edit. Anyhoo--I,m still looking for help in identifying the manufacturer. Thanks for the reply.
taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:25 AM   #4

I have LIXVS JVCAM 5,2 and I can't find DIGITAL device VIDEO for the cam. My cam don't work. Can you say me where I could find device? Writte me please to email ([email protected])
Thanks
saulius is offline   Reply With Quote