Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:11 AM   #1

I need it to take alot of action shots indoors and outdoors. I want it to be pretty fast with less shutter lag than the camera i have now.(Nikon 4800. TERRIBLE shutter lag:evil I can't afford an SLR and both of these cameras i mentioned are in my price range. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! I also take alot of pictures of my daughter who is 4 years old and pretty darn fast herself. I've only had the Nikon 4800 3 weeks and can't count how many shots i've missed because of the shutter lag! It's a good little camera other than that(I love the color and clarity). I just think i need something different.:G
barrelracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:31 AM   #2

At least two of our members suggested a great camera to you in reply to your previous posts, yet you choose to ignore them. You don't like your 4800? You won't like the Z2 any better...it's a slug...and the S5100 isn't much better - I own one...it's a great camera for the money, and it takes great pictures. Unfortunately, it's slow on the trigger, and it only has ISO 400 capability, so it's not great in low light situations.

Let me be the third member to recommend the Fuji F10 to you.

Good luck.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:55 AM   #3

The Hun, I'm sorry. It was never my intention to step on anyones toes. I am new to digital photography and am VERY unsure of what to buy. I should have mentioned that i wanted something with a zoom and i didn't think the camera that was suggested to me previously had a zoom long enough to reach sporting events from poor seats. Myabe i am giving up picture quality for a long zoom??? Once agoin, I truly am sorry for offending anyone. I won't bother anyone with my dumb questions again.

Old Jan 1, 2006, 12:59 AM   #4

I think if your looking for responsiveness and low light capability, get a DSLR.Try looking at a Konica Minolta 5D, or¬* a Nikon D50, or a Canon Rebel XT.¬*All are good low light cameras, with the Rebel XT probably the most responsive.¬*-- Terry¬*
terry@softreq.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 1:08 AM   #5

Thank you so much Terry.I will go now and check these cameras out that you suggested. I REALLY appreciate it.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 1:11 AM   #6

Also, i know i mentioned that I couldn't affored a D SLR but that's really looking like what i need for what i want to do. I may just have to save my pennies and wait a couple of months and invest in one! Once again Terry, Thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2006, 2:16 AM   #7

You can't afford a DSLR? I was in a similar situation and I went for the Fuji S5200. I wasn't disappointed. It isn't lightning quick, but it should allow for you to capture any moment in time. It has ISO 1600, so the low-light capabilities are there.
tennisforums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 4:59 AM   #8

Thanks! I'll look into the Fuji 5200. I think it is in my current price range too!
Old Jan 1, 2006, 8:54 AM   #9

All you have to do is say what you want and/or what you don't want...

The S5200 is the next generation S5100, with faster startup time, shorter lag time, a larger sensor, one MP higher resolution, and higher ISO capability. I've only seen one professional review so far, but the member feedback here has been outstanding.

http://www.photoxels.com/fujifilm-s5200-review.html

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:32 AM   #10

Thanks Hun! I appreciate the info.!! I actually found out that one of my friends has the Fuji 5200 and she's going to let me try it out to see if I like it! Can't beat that!! Try before you buy!! :-)