Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 5, 2006, 5:28 PM   #1

Hello All,

I've researched and read every review of the Sony H-1 and the Kodak p850 and have come to the conclusion that I am at a total loss as to how to proceed.
Their specs seem more or less identical.

Admittedly, this is a VERY open-ended question, but does anyone have opinions as to which is the "better" camera, or which camera has the least annoying flukes? (Given that I am posting this in a Sony forum, the responses probably will be biased, but thought I'd give it a shot...)

Thanks to anyone to takes on my questionless-question!

Argelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2006, 5:59 PM   #2

Areglius-

Well, I own the Canon S-1, the FujiS-5200, the Fuji S-900 and the Kodak P-850. My favorite is the Fuji S-5200, and that is a very easy choice.

The Kodak P-850 is just not sharp enough for me. Yes, it ocassionally is a good performer, but that is the exception, not the rule. The Fuji S-5200 gives you more bang for the buck. And yes, the Sony H-1 is a good camera, buta bit large.

And least you say something like: "Well, that is just another "barnyard opion." You can, but I am a professional who conducts digital camera workshops all over the world. They are so popular I am already booked into 2007. Isn't that nice!

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:04 PM   #3

I will take a look at the Fuji S-5200. The more I research the Kodak, the more I lean away from it. I'm also considering the Panasonix FZ5 cuz I love it's compact size, but I wish the LCD was just a bit bigger. The Olympus Z6 is also a possibility.... (I'm specifically looking for a superzoom camera with image stabilization). Thanks for your thoughts!

Argelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:15 PM   #4

Definitely the Sony H1 over the Kodak p850, but there have been some quality issues with Sony lately, hopefully it does not affect U.S. suppliers.

curtis

curtisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:19 PM   #5

Angelius-

Curtis is VERY CORRECT! Sony has had some very REAL Quality Control problems lately. Please do take alook at the Fuji S-5200, it is a heck of a camera.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote