Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 14, 2006, 2:03 AM   #21
E.T

Wibblemore wrote:
Quote:
Am still looking at teleconverters however. My question is, I've seen this one on E-bay - has anybody else heard of it? It's supposedly got a 49mm fitting...:roll:
Olympus A-200 Tele-Converter Lens (x1.5)

Am a little wary as I've not come accross this one before...
Appears to work well.
http://webpages.charter.net/bbiggers...-200_lens.html

Lens is same so all these apply to A2:
http://webpages.charter.net/bbiggers...on_lenses.html

Quote:
What's the best UV filter to get to protect my lens? Jessop's sold me their own brand one, but I've read elsewhere that I'm better off with e thinner Hoya one?
Hoya Pro 1 is propably best filter, it's one of the thinnest and has front threads so you can use same lens cap.
But if filter isn't thicker than 4mm then it should work quite well, although coating might be lacking in cheaper "no brand" filters... actually looks like Jessops doesn't know does it have coating or not.
So take shot so that sun/bright lightsource shines to lens and look how strong lens flares are, good multicoated filter won't cause much any of those compared to without filter.
(as comparison, 1st shot without filter, 2nd with el Cheapo, 3rd with single coated, 4th multicoated)

That d7-aadd-on-lenses page has also results with different filters when you scroll down.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2006, 5:01 PM   #22

Thanks again for all this!

I'll keep an eye on that Olympus A200 then - I think I'd prefer to have a 49mm teleconverter rather than the Oly T-con and use a step-up ring. Keep it simple......

Couldn't find a 49mm Hoya Pro 1 on E-bay, so I'll hunt around elsewhere.

My bags still not arrived. Am getting frustrated - I want to get out and play!

Considering getting a cheap p&s to take to parties etc. where I'd rather not use the A2 (can't really slip it into my evening purse!!:?)- any sugestions? Am considering the Olympus mju series as they're weatherproof too...

Ps. Homo sapiens vs. nature - nature ALWAYS wins. Another historical lesson we don't seem to learn... muck about withnature too much, and she'll hit back! But beautiful - just been sorting out some of my landscape shots of Scotland and Cornwall ...*sigh*.
Wibblemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 6:21 AM   #23
E.T

Wibblemore wrote:
Quote:
I'll keep an eye on that Olympus A200 then - I think I'd prefer to have a 49mm teleconverter rather than the Oly T-con and use a step-up ring. Keep it simple......
On the other hand weight of Minolta's converter is about 2x compared to others so it definitely needs supporting.
(in tele end such half kg weight causes considerable stress to camera's lens)

Apparently you live in UK so this shop has Hoya Pro 1 filters... but do they include shipping to price?
http://www.abc-digital-cameras.co.uk...t=name&xpage=2

Quote:
But beautiful - just been sorting out some of my landscape shots of Scotland and Cornwall ...*sigh*.
Beautiful, but deadly if not respected... And now sleeping dragon called climate is being poked with stick
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote