Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:47 PM   #1

hello I posted a post not long ago but have seen a little feedback with the fuji cameras on here. The 5200 looks like a nice model. I know it doesn't have an IS but will it do well with the sports indoors and outdoor shots? any sample photos? to look at? How about in full zoom?

Dave
spintight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:57 PM   #2

Scroll up to the top of the page and do a search for S5200...you should get over 100 threads - lots of discussions and pics on this camera.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:21 PM   #3

Please keep in mind that the Fuji S-5200 will do well outdoors. Indoors it will takea different approach. The on-camera flash only reaches out 10 to 12 feet, so you are going to have to supplement that on-camera flash by adding a slave flasy on a common accessory flash bracket. That will extend your flash range out to about 40 feet.

As long as the camera is 40 feet or LESS from the subject of your photo, the slave will get you the photo. The attached photo shows a slave flash set-up used with a Fuji S-5200. Keep in mind that you will have to ALSO increase the ISO setting to around 400 or 800 to get that 40 foot range.

Indoor photos will take some experimenting to nail down the proper exposure. So please be patient and work on developing your technique and exposure until you get the photos that you desire.

MT
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:38 PM   #4

Sprintight

I still haven't figured out why you posted TWO of the same questions. Sometime you will have to tell me why.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote