Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 8, 2006, 9:53 PM   #1

They are both nice, i have tried em both, like the way the D50 feels, but the Rebel xt has more expansion, can add battery clip and has micro drive memory storage.
I want something for a beginner but at the same time something I can grow with and eventually something I wont outgrow fast. At the time D50 is nicely priced but when u add that it does not include software for manipulating raw files a (30day demo) it bumps up to the rebel xt price because u will spend at least $100 on software. Theres barrel distortion on D50 even thou it is better than the kit one in the xt. They both have nice charecteristics but its difficult to choose, 6vs8mp not a big difference but 8 mp is 8mp no matter how u cut it. I would like to receive feedback from ppl who own them both, or at least tried or have one or other. D50 has better noise at 1600ISO but the XT high resolution help when u make the blown up pict.

NIKON :PCanon
ellover009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:12 PM   #2

It's not fair to compare the two. The Rebel XT is closer to the D70s in features and price, not the D50. All in all the XT is a little better camera than the D50, not because it's a Canon or anything, but because has more features and a higher price point. I've shot with both (more that 1000 shots with each) and although I liked them both, the XT naturally offers more. Good luck!
SlapNTickleJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 6:57 AM   #3

has the plastic built bother u?
ellover009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:14 AM   #4

Would I prefer the build quality of the D50 in the XT...definately, but both bodies are plastic and are durable.
SlapNTickleJr is offline   Reply With Quote