Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 17, 2006, 8:01 PM   #11

i've also come across more reviews for the top three you posted. If you scroll to the bottom of each of the pages you can see differents pictures and a night picture on each to compare. There is also sample movie video on each you can down load to see the differents. Hope it helps you if you haven't seen these before. (hope its ok to post link to other reivews, if not i'll edi)

Canon A2:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ca...hot_s2-review/

Kodak P850:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/kodak/p850-review/

Sony H1:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/so...ew/index.shtml
ArcticZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 8:16 PM   #12

rinniethehun wrote:
Quote:
"I've seen a lot more creativity and inspiration come from the S2."

mom...please...

It's starting to get a little deep in here.

the Hun
I was actually referring to the 'onboard' options this camera is capable of. Do the others have pana stitch.. or color highlight.. or color swap? Mind you I do frequent the S2 discussions because I am an owner of one.. but I haven't heard any discussions of these options on the other models spoken of here. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 8:52 PM   #13

Rinnie-

Creativity lies totally with the photographer! I like my Canon S-2, but I have to be quite honest and admit that the Sony H-1 specs and images are very close indeed.

Side by side they are very close. Yes, the H-1 may indeed have a bit more CA, but the image results, in any review you look at is very, very close.

Suffice to say, that you cannot go wrong with either camera. More details later.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:01 PM   #14

not to hijack the topic here, but what do you all think it being just 5.1megapizel? I know they say it only matters when you want to print larger photos. But do you think a 5mp will be good for normal use? Whats normal use to anybody, but i want to be good enough for me for a few years to come. thxs

I currently have a kodak dx3900 3.1mp, so this is a big upgrad for me. And i like most of the pictures i take with my 3900.
ArcticZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:05 PM   #15

All, thanks for the replies and info.

SO, it looks like there's basically ZERO votes for either of the Kodak models. OK, that helps. Looks like it's down to two. More data to study.........

brucem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:09 PM   #16

Brucem3-

Yep, I have had great sucess with the Kodak V-530, the V-550, and soon the V-570. However, the Kodak P-850 has been a total "bust" for me. It is on its way back to Kodak repair. I would not buy another one, on a bet!

That leaves the Sony H-1 and the Canon S-2 which are wonderful cameras.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 3:27 AM   #17

Had a play with my sons Sony H-1 on xmas day, very impressed with the quality overall, I have not used either the Canon or Panasonic zooms, I triedmy Olympus 1.7x teleconverter on the H-1 on this bird that was perched high up (40ft)on electric wires, though not up to DSLR with an L lens it is not too shabby, and my son should have a lot of fun with this camera.

ISO:200, Shutter:1/1000. Aperture: f/4

Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote