Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 30, 2006, 12:49 PM   #1

I am looking into these three cameras. Does anybody haveĀ* opionions on them?I am looking for a camera that:- allows for some degree of control.- does not do overly bright pictures with "digital" looking colors.- gives that "grainy" look similar to film cameras.- has wide angle capabilities.- will mostly be used during the day, for street and landscape pictures.- possibly good macro functions.- great lense quality.- not overly bulky to carry around.Thanks for your help!Saverio
alikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2006, 6:52 PM   #2
Super Moderator

i have the panasonic lx1and i think it really meets your requirements quite well.. the lens is sharp edge to edge, much better in the corners and sides than any other digicam i have used.. the panasonic does not use much noise reduction, so the shots have a grainy look vs the plasticy look of some cameras.. the build quality is superb, with excellent fit and finish and goodcontrol layoutit actually feels like a photographic tool, while maintaining easy portability.. i love this little camera, i find myself taking instead of my 20d sometimes even when portability is not an issue, just because it is fun, and feels like a street camera.. like a miniture rangefinder (ok, i know its not even close to the same thing so don't flame me rangefinder lovers, hehe)..

highly recommended.

the digilux 2 is a great camera too, but you may find it to be quite bulky compared to the panasonic, and i know nothign of the ricoh..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 1:34 AM   #3

thanks for the advice!That plasticy look is precisely what I am trying to avoid, and it looks like one of these cameras will do the job.
alikes is offline   Reply With Quote