Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 30, 2006, 1:40 PM   #1

Hello everybody!I am looking for a new(guess what!) camera and I've found 5 similar cameras...I need your help!
Canon s2,Panasonic fz5, pana fz20,pana fz30 or the new pana fz7?They sound very very similar and I'm very tempted to choose the cheapest one (I'm probably going to buy it in japan...how much do you think they will cost there?). I need just a good camera with zoom and anti-shacking system...I'd love to take night shots,obviously with a tripod..nothing more!Thank you in advance (and sorry for my broken english...)
jbam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2006, 1:17 PM   #2

No reply?I need to be more appealing while asking for advice...
jbam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 7:09 PM   #3

I'm the owner of the S2 and am EXTREMLY happy about it. The video / stereo capabilites surpass the others.. This camera has made me a huge fan of Canon. I searched for a long time, and considering pros and cons of about 5 models in the same price range.. This one won hands down.

The biggest things that attracted me were, video (as mentioned above).. I've taken a lot as I have 2 toddlers. The fact that I can zoom in video mode it cool.

The IS.. priceless feature.

Flip / rotating LCD

The zoom.. Hands down.. I LOVE it.

Takes a killer photo.

I ended up getting a really good deal on mine too.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:34 PM   #4

Would not it be quite logical to ask an enthusiastic user of the Canon S-2, for some sample photos? I think it would be VERY logical. Even intelligent!

I am an owner of a Canon S-2 IS, and I sincerely believe it is a total turkey.I am very sincerely disappointed in my Canon S-2 IS. So this is the time to ask questions and to ask for documentation. Please do not let another user's totally unsubstianted claims, forher Canon S-2 confuse you.

As educated consumers, we should very realistically, and quite logically,ask for a few photos as evidence of the Canon S-2's superior performance. Now is the time to come forward with some sample photos. We will await those sample photos.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:42 PM   #5

I don't have time to sort through photos.. There are hundreds and thousands of examples online from this camera. In addition comments from hundreds of users.

I've had mine for about a month.. at that point it's not logical to have numerous photos sitting here ready to post, though what I have taken I have been happy with.

This person is asking for opionions of different camera users and owners. You are more than welcome to post your photos. I have enough time to reply to posts.. If I have time at a later point to post photos I will. As I type, my 2 year old is on my lap.

Here is a link of a LARGE number of S2 shots.. You can also search that site for other models. It will give you a FAIR examples of different cameras, under different conditions and different levels of expertise.

http://www.pbase.com/cameras/canon/powershot_s2_is
Old Jan 31, 2006, 8:52 PM   #6

Here is the camera the other poster was referring to. Only you can be the judge on your investment.

http://www.pbase.com/cameras/fujifil...pix_s5200_zoom

You can do a search for ANY model widely used there.
Old Jan 31, 2006, 9:12 PM   #7

Yes, the Fuji S-5200 photos look very good indeed!

But what about your own photos that you have been posting about so very much on this forum. Can't we see even just three of those?

Now that is not asking too much, is it?

MT
Old Jan 31, 2006, 9:14 PM   #8

AsI mentioned.. when I have TIME, I will. I'm jumping between the kitchen and computer just to keep up with posts..LOL..

Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:15 PM   #9

DoI detect a LOT of back pedaling? Why not just post a few photos?That is not asking very much at all. After all, we are supposed to be helping each other.

MT
Old Jan 31, 2006, 11:20 PM   #10

Just out of curiosity?.. How many cameras do you own? I've seen a multitude of comments on various cameras.. you seem to change your opinion a bit..

And if you think the S2 is soo horrible, what warrents your opinion and why didn't you take it back?

This is quoting you by the way...
Quote:
What Camera Should I Buy? > Canon A620 or Kodak P880
Quote:
Posted: Sun Jan 29th, 2006 10:25 am
Quote:
If you can give up the wide angle, the Canon S-2 IS is an excellent camera, albeit at a somewhat higher price. It has 12X (twice as much as the Kodak P-880) optical zoom, probably on of the best video capabilities among P&S cameras, and it uses AA sized batteries.

This will prove I have the camera in my possession.. I was playing with the custom colors and settings, thats why it looks 'bright red'.. Like I said.. when I have TIME, I will post more.. I'm off to tuck my eldest son into bed and spend some time reading to him. I do have priorities in life.

You are welcome to keep an eye on my personal site, as listed in my profile.. When I do get around to it, I'll likely have some on there.

Apparenently I need to size down photos too.. will do that aswell when I have time.
Attached Images