Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Jan 31, 2006, 9:49 PM   #11

Here is the camera the other poster was referring to. Only you can be the judge on your investment.

http://www.pbase.com/cameras/fujifil...pix_s5200_zoom

FYI.. The S5200 and S2 are only about 80.00 apart in price. Shopping around also does help.. Finding a place that will price match is even better. I paid about 150 under retail for my S2.

By the way.. You can search ANY model on that site
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 10:17 PM   #12

But, VWMom-

We just want to see just a few of the photos that you have been posting so much about. Can't we see just three of those fabulous photos please?

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:37 PM   #13

Really quickly.. had time to resize a couple to post.. Now I'm off to a docotrs appt. for my son, playgroup, groceries and home late.. Boy.. what it's like to have kids.

Again, I will mention the fact that I'm a MOM of TWO toddlers, lead a busy life.. and I've found that this camera is perfect for me. The lcd is great for catching odd shots, because it rotates.. and I'm alone with my boys, it's also possible for me to take a photo of myself and the boys with a tripod and timer.

The video mode is INCREDIBLE.. I took some video of my 2 yr old at gymnastics on the trampoline in LOW light, and it's wonderful.. When I figure out a place to host them, I will post a link.

Here is my son.. JUMPING up and down.. The only light in that room is behind him with that hanging ikea lamp and my flash.
Attached Images

Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:39 PM   #14

They're Dad stopped by for a visit.. This is of them wrestling (aka moving) on the floor. Again low light. Sorry for my legs and slippers in the pic..lol I was playing with my camera on the couch and decided to snap some shots.
Attached Images

Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:39 PM   #15

A candid (again low light) of my 4 yr old.

Attached Images

Old Feb 1, 2006, 2:41 PM   #16

One more for now, as I need to run out the door.. I was playing with the custom colors.. This is obviously green.
Attached Images

Old Feb 1, 2006, 6:13 PM   #17

vwmom-

Thanks for posting some very excellent photos. After speaking with Canon Customer Service, I was able to get my S-2 recalibrated on a walkin basis, and it is focusing much more rapidly and accurately than ever before.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:43 PM   #18

Thanks for the advice. I will keep both camera's in mind. I was wondering what you may think of a nikon. I was looking at one of the coolpix, or should I go with either the fuji or canon that was recommended?

Thanks
lildixie94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 2:56 PM   #19

A good idea is to go right to the store.. "feel" a few.. see what you like the overall look/ handling of. Go back home with a list.. search for photo examples of those models. If you can in the end.. find a store that has a generous return policy. In the end I brought home and returned a few cameras before settling. The 610 I had for 28 days, then returned it for the S2. So far I'm happy with it.. Still learning of course.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:28 PM   #20

I have 4 kiddos from21 months to 8 yrs old. I bought a Kodak V570 (dual lens with one being a wide angle) and I absolutely love this camera. I thought the wide angle lens wassomething I really wouldn't use too much, but I find that I use it more than the standard lens. You can get all the kids at the birthday party in one picture without having to backup 20 yards. This camera also does a very good job of catching those kiddos in action (unlike the Sony it replaced) and also does an admirable job in lower light conditions.It takes phenomenal outdoor pictures in wide angle mode. It is also small and easy to use. Video is surprisingly good, though that was not something I cared too much about when buying it. I would give this one a look if you have not already purchased something else.
txjeep is offline   Reply With Quote