Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 13, 2006, 8:38 AM   #1

If there is anyone has experiencedwith Sony DSC-M2? Also, is it worth to spend over $799 (MSRP) for buying a High Density VPC-HD1 ?

Any clue? :?

Thanks for your time!!
Attached Images

Timmy Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2006, 3:04 AM   #2

The japanese model DMX-HD1 is available now. US model VPC-HD1 is only available for pre-order and it will be shipped on March 30. Try it on CES show last month! Features a 10x zoom and recording video with 720 lines in MPEG-4 onto SD-Cards. Very nice!!

Timmy Cool wrote:
Quote:
If there is anyone has experiencedwith Sony DSC-M2? Also, is it worth to spend over $799 (MSRP) for buying a High Density VPC-HD1 ?

Any clue? :?

Thanks for your time!!
MP4-19B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 7:15 PM   #3

I orded the HD1. The standard-def performance should be at least that of the C6, plus its future ready with HD recording! I already have an HD set and this is the least expensive HD camcorder ever produced. That... and no more tape! I ordered mine at http://www.dvnation.com/hd1.html

-e
eguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 6:47 AM   #4

I prefer to get the VPC model only, not DMX model. As far as I know, VPC model comes with Original English Manual, English Software, but the DMX model comes with Japanese Software and manual,unless you know Japanese, or you will need a copy software to operate your machine.

DMX model is a grey market model, thatis less expensive but NOT worth.This does NOT come with offical warranty in the US and Canada.

Iam still researchingcouple online stores, I found only 2online storesselling 100% VPC model, so BE WARE!!

Timmy Cool is offline   Reply With Quote