Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 16, 2006, 6:20 PM   #1
RD

I am looking for advice on purchasing the Sony DSC W-7. I have read many reviews about the pros and cons and I am still not sure on what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2006, 6:39 PM   #2

Why are you looking specifcally at that model?..

Have you considered the Canon A610 or A620? Very high rated cams in the same price range.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 5:42 PM   #3
RD

I am looking into the Sony DSC W-7 because I currently own the P100.Iwould like to upgrade and I wanted some feedback on what other people have experienced with the W-7. My mother-in-law owns the W-5 and loves it! I am familiar with Sony and I already have memory sticks and Sony case.I want to stay in the $300 or less price range.
RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 12:44 AM   #4

To share.. I bought the W5 before xmas.. Bought it because I had a previous Sony model that I bought in 2002. Loved it.. just ended up slowing down.

The new sonys seem nothing like the older models. I was very dissapointed with the colors and flash on the cam. I returned the W5 for that and reasons having to do with overall feel of the camera. I bought a A610.. the difference to me was amazing. I have since updraded to the S2 IS.. but I think I've gone from the Sony team to Canon.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote