Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 21, 2006, 3:19 PM   #11

rjseeney wrote:
Quote:
Don't get too hung up on the proprietary battery. Yes they are more expensive, but you get alot of mileage out of each charge. I've gotten close to 1000 shots on one charge. There isn't a point and shoot digicam that can come close to the battery life of most DSLR cameras.

Im not a fan of a proprietary battery either mainly because i can see a camera like that being still usable but no battery available for it. Threw the years ive seen video cameras, laptops and other electronics that fall victom of being unusable because there is no batteries being built for them anymore.

I have a few things now that have this problem, lucky i can hack them and modify somthing to work but most people dont have the skills for this.
BowerR64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 3:28 PM   #12

That's a GOOD point.. I had to sell my old camcorder.. not because it didn't work anymore.. simply because I could no longer find batteries for it.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 4:53 AM   #13

BowerR64 wrote:
Quote:
rjseeney wrote:
Quote:
Don't get too hung up on the proprietary battery. Yes they are more expensive, but you get alot of mileage out of each charge. I've gotten close to 1000 shots on one charge. There isn't a point and shoot digicam that can come close to the battery life of most DSLR cameras.

Im not a fan of a proprietary battery either mainly because i can see a camera like that being still usable but no battery available for it. Threw the years ive seen video cameras, laptops and other electronics that fall victom of being unusable because there is no batteries being built for them anymore.

I have a few things now that have this problem, lucky i can hack them and modify somthing to work but most people dont have the skills for this.

I pretty much agree with that. Proprietary batteries are just garbage. Thankfully battery grips that use Nihms are available for DSLR's.
montana500 is offline   Reply With Quote