Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 19, 2006, 12:23 AM   #1

a few months ago i bought an sd200. i love it but i want more control. i dont really know much about photography so all the specs i read kind of get lost on me. basically what i want to know is how manual can i get with the s2? am i going to see a big difference in control or just a little bit? what about picture quality? can i take the same quality pics with the sd200 or will i be able to obtain better pics with the s2 once i learn a bit more? currently my main photo subjects are architecture, wildlife, landscapes, and urban settings. the main reasons i like the s2 are the flip out lcd, the 12x zoom, AA batteries, and it uses an sd card. if anyone knows of another cam. that has those features also for under $400 feel free to tell me.
chinolofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2006, 4:54 PM   #2

anyone?
chinolofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 5:17 PM   #3
E.T

chinolofus wrote:
Quote:
currently my main photo subjects are architecture, wildlife, landscapes, and urban settings. the main reasons i like the s2 are the flip out lcd, the 12x zoom...
Now that zoom number doesn't tell anything concretic! (both 10-100mm and 100-1000mm are 10x zooms)
Actually about all big zoom number cameras are quite lousy for architecture/urban settings and landscape because of narrow "wide" angle. (Fuji S9000, or 9500 here in Europe is only ~10x zoom camera with wide angle)
So unless wild animals/birds form huge majority of your targets I would recommend staying away from those "media sexy" super/ultrazooms.

Now considering considering your current camera 200mm tele would already double magnification and would give little more choises for camera with wide angle.

So what features are most important to you?

And compared to your current camera almost all cameras give at least slightly better controls but S2 is still quite far from top cameras when it comes to controls.
E.T is offline   Reply With Quote