Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:01 AM   #1

does anyone know anything about the website wawadigital.com? they have great prices on cameras but i don't know if they are reputable (i.e. new factory sealed items, us products with us warranties, etc). any feedback?

thanks!
mia77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:47 AM   #2

I've never hear of them but when shopping you should remember the saying "buyer beware"

You are making a good first step by asking on a forum though. I did this on candlepower forums when researching a company that looked dodgy but was the only place I could find a 14.4v smart charger. Popular opinion deemed them to be okay so I took the risk.

Sometimes it's better to pay a little extra though & get from a dealer you know. I recently took the cheap option with an online retailer (pixmania.com). They failed to deliver the product, lied about stock levels, & are almost impossible to contact. After googling I found quite a few forum threads where many people had had the same problems. I wish I had taken the time to research them a little. I assumed they were a safe bet because they have been around for a while & take out full page adverts in many UK photography magazines.
ixus_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:06 AM   #3

thanks. i looked up some other reviews of them and i am glad i did. there are a lot of postings out there claiming that these guys are crooks, scammers, and bait-and-switchers. no thanks. i'll pay more....guess it's true - if the price sounds too good, is probably is and there's a catch....

mia77 is offline   Reply With Quote