Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 20, 2006, 12:53 PM   #1

Well from what I've been reading I am leaning towards the Canon 20D for a digital camera, I'm wondering every owners review or regrets on this digital camera and what they might have wish they changed. It will be used mostly for trips, baby shots, close up shots, and sports.

For digital camera I'm looking for something along the lines of the Sanyo HD1 or the Sony HDR-HC1 but I'm torn the Sanyo one looks like it does not do well in low light at all. Does anyone have suggestions on a great video camera that uses a SD card? I like the SD card idea because I have 2 already 1GB & 2GB and that would be great for editing on the computer.

Thanks if anyone can help or other ideas I should look at that you may have experienced.
DJMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:58 PM   #2

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/bbs/Perfect link for camocorder.... You have to realize though for quality a memory card is nothing in comparison to that of a DV tape. You're best bet is to copy onto dv and then transfer via firewire to dvd.
I have the brand new Sony HC96.. It's INCREDIBLE in low light.. takes a decent still, and the capability to take video onto the memory card is there.. though not to the same quality.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:25 PM   #3

How about the Sony DCR-DVD203 DVD Digital Camcorder?

Is that one any good?
DJMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 11:28 PM   #4

I really don't trust the dvd models.. still new technology.. minidv is still the best seller.. tried and true. I've heard complaints that getting the dvds can be costly.. and recording over can be an issue.

Best bet would be checking out that other forum.. Steves is meant for cameras.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote