Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 25, 2006, 12:07 PM   #1

Like so many posters here, I came to this forum after looking extensively at specs after specs after specs..... I really just needed to get the straight scoop as being a savvyonsumer has made me a skeptic of advertised specs and magazine reviews given by those who accept advertising revenue from the same companies.

I have noticed that the majority of the responses are from moderators, who obviously donate their time to answer our questions. Their advice really helps us be sure and informed about purchases that are for so many of us, MAJOR, not only in terms of cost, but for the memories these camerascapture.

I think that it is only proper and curtious that we thank them from time to time by making a modest donation to the site.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/aboutus/aboutus2.html
kindstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2006, 12:35 PM   #2
Administrator

kindstranger wrote:
Quote:
I have noticed that the majority of the responses are from moderators, who obviously donate their time to answer our questions. Their advice really helps us be sure and informed about purchases that are for so many of us, MAJOR, not only in terms of cost, but for the memories these camerascapture.
You'll find lots of friendly forum members here that participate in more threads compared to the moderators, often receiving little thanks or appreciation for their efforts.

So, make sure to thank them, and try and help out new members in return for the help others have given you.

We are all still learning and you'll find lots of folks here that know a lot more about photography and equipment than I do.

Also, keep in mind that any opinion you see in the forums is most likely to be biased, including mine. ;-) We all have different preferences and needs, and no one choice is going to be right for every user in all condtions.

The reviews Steve has is a good way to see how one model stacks up against another, and you'll have a professional opinion. You won't find a single forum member with as much experience using more cameras in a variety of conditions.

Make sure to read the review conclusion sections for any model reviewed, too. That's where you'll find impressions on things like ergonomics, viewfinder usability, flash, autofocus speed and reliability, cycle times between photos, image quality indoors and outdoors and more.

You can also see sample images from cameras reviewed, often with some of the same subjects to help you see how one model compares against the other in similar conditions.

Of course, always try out any model you consider in a store to make sure you're more comfortable with one, as each user will have different preferences.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 12:42 PM   #3

Just trying to say thanks, Man.
kindstranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 12:45 PM   #4
Administrator

Well, if any suggestions I made helped more than they hurt, you're welcome!

If not, see my previous post on my opinions being biased, with many forum members knowing more about photography and equipment than I do. :-)

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote