Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 25, 2006, 9:52 PM   #1

I currently own a Nikon Coolpix 5600 and we have a love-hate relationship.Love it for the macros, nice pictures,no red eye ever, and D-lighting. Hate it for the SLOWWWW flash recharge in which the LCD goes blank, and blurry pictures in low light. So I've been on the lookout for something faster with some manual controls for low light situations. I've been looking at some other Nikons, Canon A610 and Sonys, also the Panasonic Lz2 or something. My main concern is picture quality and red eye, (only reason I haven't bought the Canon A610) since 98% of my pictures go straight to the printer, I just don't have time or want to sit down and edit all my pictures. Aslo important is speed, although I won't sacrifice quality for speed, eg. Sonys. So any help in the matter would be appreciated. Aslo budget at 250-300 tops, and pics mostly indoors of my darling daughters.

Also had a Kodak C330- won't waste time on how much I hated it!
constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2006, 11:40 PM   #2

My Canon S2 is pretty good with red eye.. The best cam I've tired in this regard. It has a lot to do with the flash being higher up that most compact cameras.

I tried the 610... compared to similar Sony models, the red eye was less.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 2:15 AM   #3

Thanks for the input, I read your reply to another and you said you were able to get your S2 for the price of the A610, if you don't mind me asking, where did you find such a steal? I do like the quality of the S2 better, much sharper, nice skin tones.
constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 6:46 AM   #4

I'm in Canada..Does really help you down there I think.. It was a combination of stores price matching and instore coupons.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote