Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 26, 2006, 8:24 PM   #1

I just upgraded today from my Canon S50 to a Canon A620. The S50 is for the most part great but has the original digic processor and the slowness of it was driving me batty sometimes for the needed quick shots. I read a ton of reviews and settled on the 'stellarly reviewed' A620. Now, The S50 was probably wasted on me a bit since as much as I've tried to learn more about all the options and what situations to use them in, the fact is I'm still just a beginner. My main need is for mainly a point and shoot don't really have to think about it camera for taking close up or 5-10 feet away pictures of my kids, most often indoors. It sounded like the A620 would be great and I must admit it is an extremely impressive camera, but I'm disappointed in the indoor results. They seem less sharp and definitely dimmer than the S50 and just aren't as vibrant in Auto Mode. It seems as if the flash just simply isn't good enough, compared to the S50. When I printed out the pictures they all still came out good, but I still expected the indoor shots to be a bit brighter and sharper.

So my question is other than the A620, what camera in a 300-450 range would take perfect indoor pictures of kids quickly with point and shoot ease? Is the A620 the best? Should I just upgrade to the S80? Something other than Canon? PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks All!
iamreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:21 PM   #2

Canon S2
Attached Images

vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:05 PM   #3

both in poor light.. flash used

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Attached Images

Old Feb 26, 2006, 10:08 PM   #4

610 again..

Can you post examples from yours?.. I'm curious as to what you mean by 'dimmer'.
Attached Images