Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 28, 2006, 2:49 PM   #11

Why not spend money on a good camera that will put you through more.. and grab one of those 35mm disposable waterproof ones?
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 3:16 PM   #12

I love my Fujifilm F10, and I've heard freat things about it's underwater housing. I do not know why Swipe says the LCD is poor in sunlight. I live in florida, and the brightness booster makes it fairly easy to compose your picture, esspecially if you are wearing sun glasses. The screen does have hard plastic covering it, which may cause glare, but adds a significant amount of protection to the screen. The only improvement I'd make to it is more resolution, which the F11 did. However, the F11 would not be my choice due to it being grey market, otherwise, I'd get it. Also, it's ISO capabilities more than make up for image stabilization, as it prevents both camera shake AND motion blur.

The Canon A610 is a much bulkier camera, and will be difficult to pocket, though it does take nice pictures. It's ISO capabilities are very average, though. The sony T5 or T9 may be a good choice as well, due to it's very small size. Review are good, and captured images are pretty good, but the flash is quite weak compared to other compacts. As far as handling, I couldn't help you there.

I have some underwater photos taken with a Fuji E550, but the water was really cloudy, and it was from an underwater boat thing, so the window was dirty, hardly an accurate account.
Carskick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 3:16 PM   #13

Ill be diving with the camera and disposables only have a 1mtr depth.

looks like we have got it down to either the FUJI FINEPIX F10 or FUJI FINEPIX F11.

Nagasakis link was helpful and the F10/F11 perform excellenty underwater as well as above apparently.

now

Is the F11 worththe extra £40 for improved LCD res/better macro and the few other bits i dont understand.

EDIT. i was typing this while Carskick was replying hehe, thanks

what do you mean by grey market?
Usurper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 3:28 PM   #14

This one is good for 50ft.. Just a thought.. I'd hate for you to comprimise a good investment for something you may not need of a camera in the long haul.

http://www.beachtrading.com/wacakowasp.html
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 3:31 PM   #15

Thanks but i think ill go with a digital camera and housing, i will be using it in the future alot i hope

OK Decided F10 it is, i think hehe

thank very much to all of you who input your opinions, i really appreciate you taking the time to reply and give opinions, not flaming brands you didnt like.

thankyou.

just need to find a good deal now £169 seems best at the moment

Usurper is offline   Reply With Quote