Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Feb 28, 2006, 11:35 AM   #1

I will be going on holidays next month to budapest and in May to france with the family.
Currently looking at these two cameras and was wondering which one will be best to go for?

Thanks.
rasnii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2006, 1:01 PM   #2

The 610 hands down in my opinion. It's got high ratings everywhere. I've got experience with the camera and have no complaints.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 1:16 PM   #3

Has far as I know the A620 produces some excellent pictures (better than the ex-z750) and has more manual configs, but i'm no expert - plz confirm at specs. If u don't mind the bigger size and weight of the canon machine u should go for it. Just 1 thing i personally dont like in canon is the M-jpeg compression it's used in the video which makes them huge (8 min for 1 gig)
khieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 4:50 PM   #4

I did follow only the little brother of the Z750 the Casio z120, which seems to have equally good image quality as the z750, but not its quality issues, i.e. the infamous lense error. Having looked at images of both the A620 and the z120, I would rate the image quality of the z120 slightly higher. Also the image quality of the z120 seems to be more consistent. Some A620 copies seem to have "corner" problems. Clearly the build quality of the z120 with its nice metal case is much better than that of the plastic A620. The z120 is already cheaper than the A610. On the other the A620 unlike all Casio cameras has a nice flip out display, which is really a neat feature.
kassandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 6:02 PM   #5

Go with the A620. It's a nicer camera, and takes awesome pictures.
Homer J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 8:21 PM   #6

I was looking at both of these myself. I just know that Casios have awesome speed. I was actually pretty dissappointed with the long shutter lag on the Cannon. Also the Z750 apparently has better video.

Depends on what's important to you. I havn't read many bad things about the Casio's picture quality, though apparently the Canon's is better. Depends on what's important to you.
dougie320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 8:17 AM   #7

Thanks for all the information. at the moment shifting towards the A620.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 4:14 PM   #8

Got the A620 and loving it. thanks for all the information and help from everyone.