Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:46 PM   #31

Actually, CLS is based mainly in Canada and the UK, but they have a US web site now - in CA, it appears - so that could be by resellers doesn't show them. They look reputable to me. I'd buy it over the phone and use a major credit card if you're worried about something. Or just get the 8400 - I'm just saying the 8080 has a better rep, that's all. It may be a little bigger, but you can't fit the 8400 in your pocket either, so who cares; I'd rather have the better camera if I can afford it, and it's not much above the $450 limit. But whatever. Good luck with whatever you get; I'm sure either will be more than your needs.
Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 4:13 PM   #32

Doh! Just realized the C-8080 at CLS is "Factory Refurbished"... hence the cheap price. BUt, it does come with a 90-day warranty...
Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 8:27 PM   #33

Have now owned my Nikon 8400 for a little under a week.* Love, love, love this camera! It is exactly what I was looking for.* Takes beautiful landscape photos, easy to use right out of the box but opportunity to learn and be more creative with my pictures.* Thank you to all who contributed. Made my search much easier, and I don't know that I would have made this purchase without the discussion here.* Can't wait for my desert vacation!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2006, 8:31 PM   #34

Congratulations, Katie-

We are happy that you are so happy with your new Nikon 8400.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote