Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 11, 2006, 2:04 PM   #1

Well I have been researching hard and now am leading towards the Canon S2 but am concerned of not having a sports mode. I have two active children in sports and would like to capture some sports shots but do not want to constantly be changinging the settings. Can the S2 take decent sports shots in AV without too much hassle. What would best settings be ? Still undecided between S2 and H1. Am hoping on getting good closeout deal. Thanks
66Rani is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2006, 2:10 PM   #2

Take a look here -----

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=15
JockScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 11:39 PM   #3

Yes it's pretty simple to just turn the dial to take great action shots with the S2.. I've got 2 toddlers and it's been great. Pretty simple to use, with room to grow.. getting farther into settings will improve things.. But right out of the box, it's even great.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 12:33 PM   #4

vwmom wrote:
Quote:
Yes it's pretty simple to just turn the dial to take great action shots with the S2.. I've got 2 toddlers and it's been great. Pretty simple to use, with room to grow.. getting farther into settings will improve things.. But right out of the box, it's even great.

Turn the dial to what? As 66Rani said ... there is no "Sports" mode as such on the S2-IS dial. The best way I can see is to use shutter priority, but if you know of another setting, I'd be interested.
JockScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 2:20 PM   #5

I've found setting the dial to AV or TV (depending on lighting levels), does the job.
vwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:26 PM   #6

yup S2 can take decent sports shots in AV without too much hassle and also there's a Canon PowerShot S2 IS which has excellent feature set and improved performance, but if you want to consider other options which can help you a lot i suggest you to click [url removed by moderator] so you can choose whatever setting you wanted =)

A reminder:

Commercial posts are against the rules.

Jim C.

dggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:39 PM   #7

i think you might perhaps be confused, the S-2 and the S-2 IS are the very same camera.

And please tell me how and why the Olympus Stylus 710 is better, please give me a few examples so I can really understand your reasoning. Thanks!

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:32 AM   #8

there' s little difference between S2 and S2 IS like S2 IS has higher Resolution it can more than handle the busiest lifestyles... anyway, Olympus Stylus 710 is better because it has :

- 7.1 megapixel sensor
- 3x optical zoom
- 2.5 inch LCD
- can use it through rain, sleet and snow

and a big plus going for the Stylus 710 is the Bright Capture Technology that make it possible to clearly and brightly preview and take pictures in low light-situation.

So if you have other questions you can ask me =)

Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:32 AM   #9

there' s little difference between S2 and S2 IS like S2 IS has higher Resolution it can more than handle the busiest lifestyles... anyway, Olympus Stylus 710 is better because it has :

- 7.1 megapixel sensor
- 3x optical zoom
- 2.5 inch LCD
- can use it through rain, sleet and snow

and a big plus going for the Stylus 710 is the Bright Capture Technology that make it possible to clearly and brightly preview and take pictures in low light-situation.

So if you have other questions you can ask me =)

Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:02 PM   #10

OK, I have a question for you dg...

What planet are you from?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote