Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > What Camera Should I Buy?

Old Mar 11, 2006, 7:52 PM   #1

Hello...
I want to buy a camera today and have shortened the list to the following options.

1. Pentax Optio E10
2. Nikon L4
3. Kodak C340
4. Ricoh Capilo RR630
5. Fujifilm FinePix A400

All are pretty much the same price expect the A400, which is a bit cheaper.
The Pentax has a larger screen(2.4") than the others. It has everything i want(6MP,Video w/ sound,3x Opt, ~4x Dig), The Nikon is 4MP, has a smaller 2" screen. It cant record audio(w/ Videos). But going for it is the company's reputation and the advanced technologies.

The rest are essentially 'second choices'. It'd be of great help if someone could guide me on which one to take.

I am just a student who likes to travel and take the ocassional pictures. I get good deals w/ almost every camera(i.e 512MBSD/xD card,mini tripod, case,card reader etc.)

Is the Optio really good, or is there a big difference in quality between it and the Nikon?

Thanks.
abattoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2006, 7:40 PM   #2

Because I don't believe that some of these cameras, including your first choice, the Pentax E-10 are available yet, you are going to have to wait for 60 to 90 days until these cameras come to the market place.

The Canon A-4oo and Kodak C-340 are already available, you can have a go at them. Read the reviews and look for user comments.

MT
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 7:51 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply mtclimber. I am currently in Singapore, and all the above models are available here. I went ahead and bought the Pentax.... which i now kinda regret. The images seem grainy, like those taken in a camera phone.... It cant be this bad can it? I know its not a very expensive model, but still, sometimes even my phone cam, which is less than 1MP gives good pictures.
hmmm... probably I'm doing something wrong. Thanks anyways...

Old Mar 12, 2006, 8:01 PM   #4

abattoir,

Maybe if you post a couple of your pics (with EXIF data attached), someone here can tell if you did something wrong. It might just be the camera. It hasn't been out long enough to have received any professional reviews.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2006, 6:31 AM   #5

rinniethehun,
thanks for the suggestion.... I have posted it here.